Advice on buying a van needed

I'm a plasterer looking to buy a mid sized van that i can fit 6x3 boards in as well as tools and plaster bags. thinking short wheel based transit or merc vito, or alike. i have been told to avoid french vans...any truth in this? looking to spend no more than 3000.

all advice welcome

I'm a plasterer looking to buy a mid sized van that i can fit 6x3 boards in as well as tools and plaster bags. thinking short wheel based transit or merc vito, or alike. i have been told to avoid french vans...any truth in this? looking to spend no more than 3000.

all advice welcome

I've got a Renault master and it's great. My mate has a vivaro he likes (very economical). Mercs rot, fords are ok. I think, generally it's just about picking a good one that's not been hammered rather than specific makes.

I wouldn't narrow down your options. Keep an open mind about going for any make (except ones that get uniformly slated in internet reviews) and you are more likely to get value for your money. That said, transits and LDVs with transit engines are usually the cheapest and I've always found them reliable. If you will be doing a lot of mileage, most mercs are meant to be very fuel efficient, but they are expensive and so are their parts.

Archived