1970's Rock Bands And Songs

Other night I watched a program on TV about some of the 1970's Rock Bands, two of the bands featured and their songs reminded me of the times I spent with my girlfriend (now the wife ) and my mates in The Wapentake....the featured bands were: Alex Harvey and Family.

Whenever you went in the Wapentake, you could guarantee hearing:

The Faith Healer by Alex Harvey.... and In My Own Time by Family.

Anyone else remember these other songs played frequently in the Wapentake:-

Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh

Child In Time - Deep Purple

Black Dog - Led Zepplin

American Woman - Guess Who

Love Like A man - Ten Years After

Inside Looking Out - Grand Funk Railroad

Other night I watched a program on TV about some of the 1970's Rock Bands, two of the bands featured and their songs reminded me of the times I spent with my girlfriend (now the wife ) and my mates in The Wapentake....the featured bands were: Alex Harvey and Family.

Whenever you went in the Wapentake, you could guarantee hearing:

The Faith Healer by Alex Harvey.... and In My Own Time by Family.

Anyone else remember these other songs played frequently in the Wapentake:-

Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh

Child In Time - Deep Purple

Black Dog - Led Zepplin

American Woman - Guess Who

Love Like A man - Ten Years After

Inside Looking Out - Grand Funk Railroad

Oh yes.Blowin Free,wishbone ash.

Eighup ...yeah , i remember those Songs and loads more ....( First saw Alex Harvey at Buxton Festival many years ago)...I still get in t' Nelson / Sportsman / Dove an' Rainbow now an' then ......Keep on Rockin :hihi: .....( R.I.P Alvin Lee ) :(

You could? I have seen Roger Chapman in every decade since the 70s and supported SAHB (without Alex) at a gig a few years ago. I lived in the Wap for a few years but have trouble recalling what was played. Freebird? Never heard American Woman until years later.

You could? I have seen Roger Chapman in every decade since the 70s and supported SAHB (without Alex) at a gig a few years ago. I lived in the Wap for a few years but have trouble recalling what was played. Freebird? Never heard American Woman until years later.

The penthouse was my rock mecca from 1968 (suit and tie days) till i left Sheffield in 1976 (denim and tee shirt ) as i remember the wap was for the younger end we used the buccaneer till chucking out time then finished up in the Penthouse and then off to the Indus for a curry, supping till three or four in the morning .Happy days.

Saw Ash in 74 and bought all their albums day after,where's bands like this now,since Monkeys can't think of a decent rock band,all bleedin x factor crap now.

Some of the local bands you can see for a few quid down the pub are better than the chart names.Steve French is rumored to be getting ready for a relaunch after winding up the blues band,past favorites were the fantastic Mule Sweat and the Carnival of thieves with Nick on Axe.The Old Crown at Penistone on a sunday night was a must a few years ago.

Saw Ash in 74 and bought all their albums day after,where's bands like this now,since Monkeys can't think of a decent rock band,all bleedin x factor crap now.

What about Status Quo + AC/DC............both of these are more than decent rock bands

Archived