1970's Rock Bands And Songs

Saw SAHB at my 1st ever City Hall gig supporting Slade in 73 aged 12, both bands made my ears bleed. Seemed from then on I was back there every week through the 70's watching rock bands then piling down the wop after, 100's of gigs, highlight I remember most fondly is watching Skynyrd doing Free Bird in 77, grabbing RVZ cowboy boot while singing it, he died later that year in the plane crash with other band members, RIP. Love that venue :)

Saw SAHB at my 1st ever City Hall gig supporting Slade in 73 aged 12, both bands made my ears bleed. Seemed from then on I was back there every week through the 70's watching rock bands then piling down the wop after, 100's of gigs, highlight I remember most fondly is watching Skynyrd doing Free Bird in 77, grabbing RVZ cowboy boot while singing it, he died later that year in the plane crash with other band members, RIP. Love that venue :)

I was at that one!!!!!

Martin Turners Wishbone Ash were due to play the Greystones last Wednesday but had to cancel and re-schedule for sometime in May.

i saw slade at city hall with thin lizzy and suzy quatro supportin

The Lynyrd Skynyrd gig was one where my mate and I had back stage passes and sat with the band while they tuned up, as you say what a shock was to come, very sad.

I was at that one!!!!!

Martin Turners Wishbone Ash were due to play the Greystones last Wednesday but had to cancel and re-schedule for sometime in May.

Was a real privilege to see that gig.

i saw slade at city hall with thin lizzy and suzy quatro supportin

Yes, and a band called Beckett supported them on one tour.

Archived