What really gets your back up about SF members?

Apart from trolling which would be the obvious thing to mention, what else really gets your back up about Sheffield forum members? Personally, I find it really annoying when posters decide to log off or switch threads the moment their argument begins to fall apart during a heated debate.

I also find it nauseating whenever I read the insincere pretentious flannel that I've come to expect from certain members who always manage to say all the right things while somehow appearing to simultaneously have no bones whatsoever about revealing the darker side to their personality then unleash it on anyone that has the audacity to disagree or hold an alternative view that might be considered bigoted, prejudicial or remotely racist.

And I'll finish on those that have the mob mentality who consider it acceptable to routinely gang up on, ridicule and throw petty insults at solitary members simply because of their personal beliefs and/or their personal thoughts on spiritualism and the supernatural. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for typing it how you see it providing there's consistency and a at least a trace of sincerity in what you type. Otherwise it's nothing more than insincere pretentious flannel and mob handed bullying.

Apart from trolling which would be the obvious thing to mention, what else really gets your back up about Sheffield forum members? Personally, I find it really annoying when posters decide to log off or switch threads the moment their argument begins to fall apart during a heated debate.

I also find it nauseating whenever I read the insincere pretentious flannel that I've come to expect from certain members who always manage to say all the right things while somehow appearing to simultaneously have no bones whatsoever about revealing the darker side to their personality then unleash it on anyone that has the audacity to disagree or hold an alternative view that might be considered bigoted, prejudicial or remotely racist.

And I'll finish on those that have the mob mentality who consider it acceptable to routinely gang up on, ridicule and throw petty insults at solitary members simply because of their personal beliefs and/or their personal thoughts on spiritualism and the supernatural. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for typing it how you see it providing there's consistency and a at least a trace of sincerity in what you type. Otherwise it's nothing more than insincere pretentious flannel and mob handed bullying.

Five word replies are annoying.

Some say SF was a great place to socialize..many intelligent and humorous posters which is now sadly lacking, personally I disagree. SF in the most is the same as it was years ago. Ok we've lost a few..banned, moved on or simply boredom, that's no different to what's happening now. I don't take SF seriously, I certainly don't get nauseated..it's just a means of putting your tuppence worth in..if people feel aggrieved or nauseated at me logging out mid conversation then so be it..I won't loose sleep..SF comes way down the ladder as regards importance.

For me, one of the things that gets on my nerves - and this is a genuine answer - is when people have clearly had a run-in with a small handful of people and as a way of trying to cope, extrapolate this to daft generalisations about the alleged behaviour of much larger numbers of forum members. If someone said something you didn't like, either tell them so or don't, either way move on. Don't turn it into some psychodrama about how people in general are treated. This is all about you, so just say so.

Apart from trolling which would be the obvious thing to mention, what else really gets your back up about Sheffield forum members?

The ones who start threads about the forum, instead of simply using it to discuss "things".

It's like phoning someone up to talk about telephones, tweeting about twitter, or writing an essay about writing essays - it's interesting once.

;)

Some say SF was a great place to socialize..many intelligent and humorous posters which is now sadly lacking, personally I disagree. SF in the most is the same as it was years ago.

2006 - 2008 was great. Some proper debates, some genuine hilarity, some intelligent posters and proper slanging matches before it all got moderated out. It was reflected in the number of posts, they were flying in all the time. I'm sure for some it wasn't the nicest experience, so maybe it has been in the interest of a wider group of people to tone it down, but it sure was entertaining and you could actually learn quite a bit too.

Archived