What really gets your back up about SF members?

I mainly come on here to have a bit of fun, due to the fact that I don't know enough about anything to comment on seriously. Far easier just to make stuff up!

I get a little bit despondent when some people report my posts to the mods because they don't like what I write.

Just don't bother reading what I write! Pretty simple ... I don't like football so I don't watch it. I don't write letters to the head of the FA (?) complaining about it though. :)

Like your first paragraph...:)

I get frustrated by people who

a) Purposefully avoid answering questions

b) Purposefully quote only a small section of a question/set of evidence and answer only that part which entirely changes the context

c) Purposefully do either of the above and when it's pointed out to them (thus giving them the chance to correct the, ahem, 'mistake') do the same thing again

I mainly come on here to have a bit of fun, due to the fact that I don't know enough about anything to comment on seriously. Far easier just to make stuff up!

I get a little bit despondent when some people report my posts to the mods because they don't like what I write.

Just don't bother reading what I write! Pretty simple ... I don't like football so I don't watch it. I don't write letters to the head of the FA (?) complaining about it though. :)

how do you know your posts are reported-do you get feedback when this happens?

how do you know your posts are reported-do you get feedback when this happens?

As it states on every forum page:

POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED, it pretty much stands to reason if a post or thread is removed it is because it has been reported by one or more members which has brought it to the attention of the mods.

We don't go looking for posts or threads to remove.

If people frustrate you, avoid them.

Getting frustrated is my problem, I have to find the solution - avoiding an issue doesn't remove the root cause of it, being aware of it when it occurs and seeing the conditions that lie within myself and how I react to it will be of far more benefit.

Avoidance is a sure way of compounding the problem when it occurs in the future.

But thanks for the effort of the advice nevertheless :)

Archived