UKIP Are The Party Of HATE!

Sorry to jump in but I wanted to point out the irony in your question. I and I'm willing to guess, most people do not know the industrial policy of any of the top parties. Can you tell us what is the policy of Labour, Cons, or The Lib Dems?

Yes I can.The coalition are committed to a laissez-faire policy,whereas the Labour will seek to strengthen the industrial base by issuing directives to public bodies,and will strengthen the powers of consumer watchdogs like Oftwat.

I think they would. Opposition to the EU comes from many different quarters from Trade Unionists, to pressure groups, parliamentarians on all sides of left/right spectrum for a variety of different reasons.

Before the creation of UKIP those who have opposed immigration, gay rights, trendy teaching methods and anyhing else that isn't right wing and populist have had other outlets for their views (the Freedom Party, The Campaign Against Political Correctness, The Middle Class Association) etc.

The Mail, The Express and The Sun (and to a lesser extent The Times) are all highly sceptical af the EU and share the same hatred of social democratic or leftist ideals that UKIP and the Freedom Party campaigned against.

You make very good points. I suppose I was wondering whether or not any party would make the EU such a core platform issue if it did not have the immigration issue to rely upon to stir up controversy and (hopefully in their eyes) votes?

How different would UKIP (and/or its profile) be if immigration was not an issue in UK life?

Yes I can.The coalition are committed to a laissez-faire policy,whereas the Labour will seek to strengthen the industrial base by issuing directives to public bodies,and will strengthen the powers of consumer watchdogs like Oftwat.

you should be a spin doctor:roll:

It is a very interesting point. I have often wondered if immigrants, Muslims and ethnic minorities did not exist, would UKIP?

of course UKIP would exist! getting out of europe is the main thing, being accountable for ourselves and our own money,stopping the huge waste of the Uks resources and getting rid of the idiotic Human rights legislation, is the priority, immigration etc is secondary

of course UKIP would exist! getting out of europe is the main thing, being accountable for ourselves and our own money,stopping the huge waste of the Uks resources and getting rid of the idiotic Human rights legislation, is the priority, immigration etc is secondary

You wouldn't think so if this forum is anything to go by.

There are many more posts complaining about immigration than there are about the European Union. Perhaps that's because Europe is seen as a distant institutuion.

With regards to accountability and the democratic deficit in general so many of our powers are now subordinated to the money markets. The uber marketisation of the economy and society in general is as much a threat as the EU. The credit crunch of 2008/9 have convinced some in the Tory Party that the neo liberal order of the last 35 years needs to be challenged and changed.

Pity such a convertion can't be seen in the Labour Party :roll:

Do you believe that everything about human rights legislation is idiotic?

Do you believe that everything about human rights legislation is idiotic?

pretty much! the rest is common sense:roll:

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 21:30 ----------

He is, albeit not a very good one.

still trying to emulate your standards stan;)

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 21:33 ----------

And you should be a comedian,Adam.Have you been in touch with David Hume recently?

“Stercus accidit.”

― David Hume

Archived