Richmond Road Fishpond

dazza6069

Does the pond at Richmond still have fish in it, or is it just rusty bikes and crisp packets. Used to love going up there with my little fishing net get the tadpoles when visiting my gran. And does anyone remember Jean's shop at the bottom of Hastilar Road just above the Springwood Hotel

The pond was part of the old estate of Richmond before the creation of the dappled glade that is the Woodthorpe estate.Woodthorpe was built with foresight with numerous tracks for off-road biking,straight roads for joy-riding and plentiful green areas for growing your own green stuff.

used to get frogs toads newts and sticklebacks all time as a young lad. Remember trying to catch a koi carp once that was put in due to been to big for the garden pond.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'm an old timer. I remember it in the 50s when it was a very attractive, quiet spot with benches around it for senior citizens to sit on.

I saw it a couple of years ago and it was a sight for sore eyes.

The parks dept regularly clean it up,it doesn't look too bad and YES there is still frogs to be found there.

used to get frogs toads newts and sticklebacks all time as a young lad. Remember trying to catch a koi carp once that was put in due to been to big for the garden pond.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

police catch a lot of crimbos round there. :hihi::hihi:

Archived