Little corner shop the junction of woodbourn road and staniforth road

did mrs oates run a bakery shop and didnt her son run oates snooker hall at the back of the bridge fish and chip shop at side of canal i remember them having full size snooker tables aND 1SMALL SIZE 1 FOR THE KIDS TO LEARN ON

always remembered going in wilfs and my dad ordering to haddock and the size of them when we got home "unbelievable" good days and then there was the odd fight outside the dog&partridge times never to be repeated why did the council decide to demolish woodbourne i never know those were the best days of my childhood going on rec at back of our house on ripon street staying out till 9oclock then having abath in the skullery "tin bath by the way"

Does anyone remember what the chippy was called on the corner of Chelmesford Street, dont know if thats the correct spelling. Also any families that lived there in the 60s.

this chippy was called Harrys and he ran it with his wife Sandra, beckets was lower down worthing road near ripon street run by old Mrs Beckett

yes i do was it called Vera's? i used to have a saturday job at the large beer-off on the opposite corner when Andrew ran it

do you remember the paper shop than sylvia and her daughter ran - just above beckets? they had a fire but still carried on selling with no electricity? and the shopon the corner of ripon street that exploded?

diamondjack dont recall shop explosion but remember how far it was from one end of ripon street to the other i used to do a paper round and thouht this bag was heavy my god it used to take me 2hors to do my round and it was only a couple of streets i did got paid a pittance

Archived