Little corner shop the junction of woodbourn road and staniforth road

Actually the chip shop Beckets was acctually called..Ma Becketts it was next to the paper shop, the chip shop on the corner of Chelmsford street we used to call harrys, went there every friday tea time...god those were the days the 60s ,i left woodbourne road scholl in 62, went to beaverhill

Hi malch

The wet fish shop was owned by Sam "BIRLEY" & his wife (can't remember her first name - but in those days with respect older people were called Mr & Mrs ----------

They also sold fruit & veg & OPENED ON SUNDY MORNINGS. When I married in 1970 our first house was on Chelmesford Street and Mr. Birley used to have all my veg peeled & ready for me to collect to do Sunday dinner (charged a little bit extra but worth every single penny)

would she be called denise and did she have a brother called alan and a sister whos name i cannot remember if so i lived across the road from her and once asked her to be my girlfriend "mind you i was onlt 13 at that time

would she be called denise and did she have a brother called alan and a sister whos name i cannot remember if so i lived across the road from her and once asked her to be my girlfriend "mind you i was onlt 13 at that time

No, her name was Wendy Barrett,her mum and dad are called Eddie and Ivy(both 91 and still living)Eddie was the secretary at the Attercliffe Radical WMC for many years.

Ivy had seven brothers,Les,Albert,Roy,Fred(cant remember the others)all with surname of Cooke.

Archived