Uniteds prospects if promoted

If (and this is still a BIG IF!!!) we go up i am under no illusions that we are going to be in a dogfight to stay in the premiership for another year BUT a couple of shrewd transfers by warnock and a nice injection of cash could just see us stay up for a season or two and from there u never know- look at charlton- never a big club but doing well!!!!

I know it sounds awfull, but I love to see teams getting hammered Arsenal v Middlesborough and can see a few 7-0 scorelines if United Get promoted

When Wednesday go down, I can also see a few hammerings as well ..... Wednesday 0 - 6 Swansea.... i can see it now on Grandstand.

I know it sounds awfull, but I love to see teams getting hammered Arsenal v Middlesborough and can see a few 7-0 scorelines if United Get promoted

When Wednesday go down, I can also see a few hammerings as well ..... Wednesday 0 - 6 Swansea.... i can see it now on Grandstand.

Be careful what you wish for things have a habbit of coming back to haunt you...Wednesday 0 - 6 Swansea....?? think not!

Half of me wants utd to get promoted just so they can fall back down to earth with a mighty bump..... the other half, wants them to do well cos im a little sick of the big prem clubs always being there with no excitement.... id love to see the blunts beat chelsea,Arse'olnal....etc

for me wigan have brought excitement back to the prem.... lets hope utd find their feet in the prem and dont do the sunderland!!

Be careful what you wish for things have a habbit of coming back to haunt you...Wednesday 0 - 6 Swansea....?? think not!

Half of me wants utd to get promoted just so they can fall back down to earth with a mighty bump..... the other half, wants them to do well cos im a little sick of the big prem clubs always being there with no excitement.... id love to see the blunts beat chelsea,Arse'olnal....etc

for me wigan have brought excitement back to the prem.... lets hope utd find their feet in the prem and dont do the sunderland!!

Nice to see an owl talking some sense for once!

Up the blades!

If the Blades go up (which I hope they will), looking at the squad we have now I don't think we would remain in the Premiership for longer than a season.

Maybe we'll do a Bradford/West Brom and stay up on the last day, but unless there are some good signings in the summer, I really can't see it.

Akinbiyi has proved he can't score in the top flight, and this season aside, his career scoring record is far from impressive. In fact, it's awful.

Our only real premiership experience is an old guy who I fear will be shown up against premiership opposition.

Most of our players, while great in the championship, are unproven against premiership opposition on a regular basis.

If the Blades go up (which I hope they will), looking at the squad we have now I don't think we would remain in the Premiership for longer than a season.

Maybe we'll do a Bradford/West Brom and stay up on the last day, but unless there are some good signings in the summer, I really can't see it.

Akinbiyi has proved he can't score in the top flight, and this season aside, his career scoring record is far from impressive. In fact, it's awful.

Our only real premiership experience is an old guy who I fear will be shown up against premiership opposition.

Most of our players, while great in the championship, are unproven against premiership opposition on a regular basis.

i really cant agree with this at all.

akinbiyi.... these are the teams he has played for and scored goals ok?

Norwich 25 (33) 5 goals, poor

Hereford 3 (1) 2 goals, not bad

Brighton 7, 4 goals, not bad

Gills 67 (1) 29, impressive

Bristol C 52, 25, good again

Wolves 39 (1) 16, cant complain

Leicester 57 (10) 13 goals, not the best

Palarse 11 (17), 3 goals, poor

Stoke 58 (7) 19, better

Burnley 42 (1) 18, good return,

average 0.31 goals per game ratio......

i dont see it as that bad to be honest, im not a fan dont get me wrong. but i think you are being very naive.

anyways as for the rest of the team, the following kenny, bromby, unsworth, quinn, jags, webber, shipperley, possibly monty and kabs, flitcroft, gillespie, armstrong (given a run in team) can all easily adapt to prem, im happy

i always think Utd do well against Premiership teams in the cup but when you are playing them week in and out it is a bit different. I think you'll struggle but you do have a chance. Personally i think the embarrassment will come from Foot & Mouth Warnock, his behaviour will be glorified in the Premiership and his rants and refs will be cringing to watch.

Archived