Paedophilia is a illness

Acts of sexual violence are usually more to do with the perpetrator having power over the victim, rather than sexual attraction, which makes the "illness" debate more complicated.

There are people who are sexually attracted to children and people who get sexual gratification from abusing children (and those who are seen as vulnerable) - which they do to feel powerful. Paedophilia is not an illness.

Sorry but this is a joke, trying to hide something as sick as this by calling it an illness, my arse it is. They are sick (not in illness sense) deprived individuals who deserve absolutely no sympathy sorry, but on conviction should be hung by the neck till dead.

I know we'll get some do gooders on here now kicking up, but YOU sit down with the parents of the child/victim and explain it to them.

So are you telling me that a child who has been abused, raped and molested isn't in some way damaged?

And you would hang that damaged individual if/when they repeated the abuse against someone else in later life?

You are seeing things too much in black and white. Gary Glitter is a paedo and a perv and should be locked up for life, the same as Jonathon Ross. King They were never abused but they see their predilections as something that isn't wrong, isn't abuse and is something society doesn't recognise.

That is a totally different kettle of fish to someone who was raped, abused and damaged as a child who then goes and repeats those acts.

OK, the end result may well be the same but the psychology and reasoning of the perpetrator are different.

There are many people who have been 'fiddled' with, myself, and as I recently discovered,my wife too, and two of my sisters.( all different abusers)

None of us were traumatized although we have all recalled the incidents with regret but saw the unsavoury incidents as learning experiences.

Hanging the perpetrators would not have made any of us feel any different.

As I have grown older so too did my abuser who knew that I knew, who had to live with that knowledge every time I saw him.

Should I have reported him? I guess so but I was more scared of my fathers reaction towards me than of any further occurrences

I hope with all this awareness that this psychological crime be lessened and hopefully paedophiles may step out of the shadows and seek medical help before it all goes too far.

With the 'Hang'em' brigade baying for their blood this will never happen.

It's nothing new

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=v3S24ofEQj4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dv3S24ofEQj4

A very level headed and I might add brave post a refreshing counter to the foaming mouthed rants that usually come to the fore when dealing with such an emotive subject.

So are you telling me that a child who has been abused, raped and molested isn't in some way damaged?

And you would hang that damaged individual if/when they repeated the abuse against someone else in later life?

You are seeing things too much in black and white. Gary Glitter is a paedo and a perv and should be locked up for life, the same as Jonathon Ross. They were never abused but they see their predilections as something that isn't wrong, isn't abuse and is something society doesn't recognise.

That is a totally different kettle of fish to someone who was raped, abused and damaged as a child who then goes and repeats those acts.

OK, the end result may well be the same but the psychology and reasoning of the perpetrator are different.

You have your views I have mine, yes kids are abused which is horrible for them I know & freely admit, but the majority haven't been fiddled with that commit such sick acts. Those that have don't go on to do it themselves, or its rarely reported, yes GG is a peado & should be hung he is depraved, JS it's just a shame that he's dead, as he's got away with being the BIGGEST sex offender this country has ever seen.

We have too many do gooders as I say not just towards this crime, but murder, rape & the such, this must be the ONLY country I know where the perpetrator gets better rights than the bloody victim.

As was said the other day the ONLY reason that a referendum is not held on bringing hanging back is, if they held one it would be back double quick.

Paedophilia - forcing or coercing children into any sort of sexual behaviour infringes on their human rights. They are using a child's lack of experience to their own advantage and gratification, having no respect for the child, the child's family and the law

As was said the other day the ONLY reason that a referendum is not held on bringing hanging back is, if they held one it would be back double quick.

Which is just as well we have a representative Parliamentary democracy....if we had a referendum on everything (according to SF) we'd be out out of Europe, pro hanging, pro stoning, pro birching, nutjob raving Daily Mail spewing crazyness.

The sort of people who would kill Stefan Kiszko just because he was a bit different.

I wasn't aware you were such a moron Bypassblade. Take a step back and look at Stefan Kiszko. Found guilty and in your world deserving of death, but in reality innocent, misunderstood and let down by the law and the courts.

You are seeing things too much in black and white. Gary Glitter is a paedo and a perv and should be locked up for life, the same as Jonathon Ross. They were never abused but they see their predilections as something that isn't wrong, isn't abuse and is something society doesn't recognise.

For the sake of staying on the right side of the libel laws taxman, I am guessing you have made a mistake and actually mean Jonathan King.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21810980

There'll be quite a few nonces queuing up at the doctors surgery in the very near future then

Never been an illness .

It's an insult to people who genuinely have an illness

Victims of cancer, Parkinson's etc are never in the same bracket as these dirty sick scumbag individuals who aren't ill they are just evil .

Archived