Scottish power-HELP NO GAS

Hi,

They came and put me £10 emergency on because my prepayment card stopped working and promised me the card would be here by saturday.

Postmans just been NO card! Gas has just gone off!

Only number for scottish power and it shuts at 1pm saturdays :(

No hot water, shower isnt electric either, no heating :(

Surely to god there must be an emergency number but i e googled and googled and been all over there site and phoned every number i can find. Some just say we are underoing an update and cut off.

Is this the number you're ringing?

– 0800 33 22 33

Mines with SSE but I think they are the same company, I swear I've rung later than this on a weekend before

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Im just getting the same message with that as well. I could cry!!

Lost or damaged Gas cards

For lost or damaged Gas cards, pleaseÂ*call us on 0845 2700 700Â*to order a replacement. (Lines are open Monday to Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am - 1:00pm). Replacements are also available to purchase from some Paypoint outlets. If we are closed you can use our automated service out of hours by calling the above number or you can buy a blank card at some paypoint outlets. Ask at your local Paypoint outlet or visit http://www.paypoint.co.uk

Any help? x

I know I've been and collected an electric key from the Co Op at Newfield Green before when mine was damaged, saves them sending it in the post. I rang up, they gave me a code, and I went and collected it 30 mins later. That automated service might do the same thing! x

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 14:21 ----------

Ahhh... even the automated services are out of action?!? :|

Lost or damaged Gas cards

For lost or damaged Gas cards, pleaseÂ*call us on 0845 2700 700Â*to order a replacement. (Lines are open Monday to Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am - 1:00pm). Replacements are also available to purchase from some Paypoint outlets. If we are closed you can use our automated service out of hours by calling the above number or you can buy a blank card at some paypoint outlets. Ask at your local Paypoint outlet or visit http://www.paypoint.co.uk

Any help? x

He said nowhere sells blank cards for my meter other than somewhere in rotherham somewhere? Thats why he ended up sending a man out in the first place. I do appreciate your help. My husbands away so im on my own.

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 14:23 ----------

I know I've been and collected an electric key from the Co Op at Newfield Green before when mine was damaged, saves them sending it in the post. I rang up, they gave me a code, and I went and collected it 30 mins later. That automated service might do the same thing! x

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 14:21 ----------

Ahhh... even the automated services are out of action?!? :|

I know i dont get it. Its ridiculous!!! With my electric key they gave me a code and i took it to my local coop in hillsborough and topped up. But with gas you cant do that apparently :( they promised me it would be here by today!

I've never lost or damaged my gas card yet lol but have been through lots of electric keys!

If its any consolation to you, my boilers broke and I have no heating and water til Monday as the repair man needed another part and it was 12.30, merchants close at 12 - freeze together? :D

Lines are now up ans running, it takes me to automated service. I put my account number and it says 'there is no automated emergency service set up for this account please call back during opening hours''

Oh god!

Switch suppliers asap :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 15:13 ----------

Just found something on Google which said for an emergency or a fault with your pre payment meter (I know, its not but still)

Call the number on your bill and they will ask some questions. If you call when they are closed or at the weekend they will still be with you within 4 hours.

Try it, if you do manage to speak to someone explain the circumstances, it is their fault. They should know they cant 'promise' on the post.

Archived