Bailing out the banks

What happened to the Cyprus thread?

Removing it has really clouded this thread, the mods can be really cacky handed sometimes.

Very true. It is incredible that you could have a thread a day from one poster about cheap rented accommodation, but start a thread on a worthwhile subject and it gets merged into obscurity.

annab we need more people with these http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21818598 and be prepared to use them

I wonder just how much more people can take. I'm amazed people haven't kicked off before now.

---------- Post added 17-03-2013 at 15:26 ----------

They can, stop paying your taxes en messe. Taxpayers have ALL the power if they club together.

How do you top paying tax when it's deducted at source?

I wonder just how much more people can take. I'm amazed people haven't kicked off before now.

Because alot of people don't have savings or pensions so they have nothing to go up in smoke. An awful lot of people are mortgaged up to the hilt and have car and/or credit cards as well. They probably won't give two hoots as long as interest rates remain low. Raise the base rates by 2% if you want riots.

Because alot of people don't have savings or pensions so they have nothing to go up in smoke. An awful lot of people are mortgaged up to the hilt and have car and/or credit cards as well. They probably won't give two hoots as long as interest rates remain low. Raise the base rates by 2% if you want riots.

I don't want riots, but you make a good point. However if that's the case they obviously don't realise how much they are really being affected with pensions etc diminishing and the money supply in such a mes. They need to take an interest. When it goes it will engulf everyone.

This is so true. Like you say even modest interest rate rises will put a lot of people in trouble. It just illustrates how broken the economy is.

Archived