Owls & Blades Legends

BEDROCK

Er, isn't that H and K?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Aww! We're going to have to start all over again now! :sad:

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 16:17 ----------

people just aren't playing this game properly..

I thought we had to start with A first, and then move on to B?

Here's my effort...

United

Len Allchurch

Wednesday

Ron Atkinson

;)

(Saw Big Ron the other week in one of those retail shopping outlets near Oxford. Nice guy and a very good manager - I'd say one of the very best ever to work in this city. He was with his wife and a young Asian lad had just stopped him to ask for a photo. Ron duly obliged. Was sorry that his career ended as it did, over an inappropriate remark. He had so much to offer the game still).

I can't believe this thread missed out Chris Waddle and David Hirst

Legend is a term freely bandied about by fans and is hard to define, to me there's a difference between a legend & a great player. I think Hirsty & Sausage man were great players but legend may be a step too far, by the same token I've used it for Deane but he's a great player.

I think you could say that Sausage man was a legend at the Toon, as that's where he's most fondly remembered (no disrespect to your mob either)

Derek Dooley was a legend in this city & surely, the only man to do it at both clubs and in the city as well. We could argue legend status all night long, and I have just a few names from my days of watching I'd call a legend.

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 19:28 ----------

[quote=DerbyTup

(Saw Big Ron the other week in one of those retail shopping outlets near Oxford. Nice guy and a very good manager - I'd say one of the very best ever to work in this city. He was with his wife and a young Asian lad had just stopped him to ask for a photo. Ron duly obliged. Was sorry that his career ended as it did, over an inappropriate remark. He had so much to offer the game still).

Oh yes he did have so much to offer, arrogance, big headedness, flash, conceited who, will long live in the memory for his "I love this club" statement.

Yet the next day he'd left and gone to Villa, that's why I feel that when he came back & saved them, they never offered him a contract, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Sacking our very own Danny Wilson is surely up there :):):)

danny wilson was a shocking manager at s6 most of his signings we awfull and imo will never be more than a lower league manager grinding a living.. if blades get promotion this season i would bet he wouldnt last the next..

danny wilson was a shocking manager at s6 most of his signings we awfull and imo will never be more than a lower league manager grinding a living.. if blades get promotion this season i would bet he wouldnt last the next..

Well when we get promotion we will find out :)

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 21:05 ----------

Sacking Big Ron was probably the worst mistake by Wednesday in my lifetime. We would have won more silverware under him.

Did you even sack big Ron ?

Thought he bailed out on you the first time and saw out his contract the second time .

Archived