Motability - annual turnover is around £990 million

Hi

Its only fair to reduce benefits when tax payers money is going towards a 'spare' bedroom; but there are more cuts on there way.

Motobility, should we cut that next? Its not that well known what people get, or is it?

On 25 July 1978 ten young people attended the first Motability Scheme vehicle handover at Earls Court in London and received the keys to their specially modified new vehicles(mainly Minis and Fiestas).

Over 580,000 customers currently choose to give their allowance to Motability. Motability Operations’ annual turnover is around £990 million with assets worth £2.5 billion. Customers choose a new car every three or five years with insurance, road tax, servicing, tyres and breakdown cover all included in a single monthly payment.

If you suffer with walking difficulty, you may qualify for £54.05 every week.

With motobility people can get a Vauxhall Zafira 1.7TD; that would cost £11,000 to buy. I know of two people that are getting similar vehicles, no special adaptions needed.

Perhaps if we cut back on motobility we could stop more serious cuts elsewhere?

I assume that no one likes this subject because they are unaware of the facts about motobility?

Or they are aware of the facts, understand that Motability is a charity and that turnover does not equal profit, and feel that the purpose of the charity is to help vulnerable people with mobility difficulties to lease a vehicle at an affordable rate and thus be able to regain some function in society?

Or they are aware of the facts, understand that Motability is a charity and that turnover does not equal profit, and feel that the purpose of the charity is to help vulnerable people with mobility difficulties to lease a vehicle at an affordable rate and thus be able to regain some function in society?

Perhaps I am negative because I see a chap out drinking at the pubs n clubs, and he has told us about this nice new Nissan Qashqai that he is getting. Another one of my acquaintance is getting the same car too.

I work and I have never had a car anywhere near as expensive as that. Both friends have no adaptations to the cars.

I guess whilst everyone else was going up from a Fiesta in the 1980s to a Qashqa in the naughties, I got left behind.

---------- Post added 17-03-2013 at 18:33 ----------

Or, perhaps people who receive it would give up their cars in a shot, to be well and not need them.

It seems that many are complaining about losing their spare bedroom, whilst they have an almost new car parked outside.

Archived