Anyone recomend a good Indian restaurant?

ShotoKarate

Our current favourite is Rajput up at Commonside - it doesn't have an alcohol licence, but I really think that's an advantage as The Dram Shop off-licence is just across the road and you're encouraged to go and get your drinks in there and then they'll pour them out for you.

Seven Spices on West Bar is also really good, and the interior is pretty impressive too. I don't remember it being particularly cheap though.

I've always had a good meal at the Panahar at Nether Green. I used to be a regular customer at the Mangla, but it seems to have lost its way these days, inconsistency with food quality, rude staff and a bit scruffy to be honest.

Akbars or Butlers are both consistently good. There are no bars near Akbars though so if you want to go to a few drink before/after then Butlers is the better option.

I used to think Butlers was great for both eating in and takeaway when it was still near St. Philip's roundabout. Since it moved, although I haven't been in for a sit-down meal I've been very disappointed with the takeaway/delivery service. One arrived slap cold, and the second arrived with one meal missing completely and another being the wrong dish. Won't use them again I don't think.

Archived