Anyone recomend a good Indian restaurant?

ShotoKarate

Viraaj, Woodseats, the best one by far.

The Indian Garden on London Road, awful service and really poor quality food.

remember the same restaurant many years ago absolutely fabulous food even came from doncaster just for a take away , shame its not up too a high standard any more .

Went in the Viraaj on Woodseats on Thursday night with a visitor from the south coast. We really enjoyed the food and the service was great. Our visitor was impressed to say the least, keep it up Viraaj.

Tried Indian Garden with some friends about a month ago, the place looks very tired, the service half hearted and the food not the worst Ive had but along way from the best.

times are changing and foods getting worse and harder to find a true Indian restaurant the flavors are not like they once was and its starting to get where its the drunked mans food only

Disagree (unless Balti King does it for you).

Prithi Raj on Ecclesall Road is outstanding (we use their take-away service weekly); Ambar, also on Ecclesall Road is still excellent and then there are others like Ranmoor Tandoori and Seven Spices which are still very good.

I think a decent curry deserves to be eaten before a gallon of lager. If you want any old tosh after a night out then I refer back to my opening paragraph.

• 1 month later...

Akbars in Rotherham I would say is the best Pakistani restaurant

second theres Nawabs in Sheffield.

Apna is okay not too bad its worth it as you have buffet all you can eat.

if you want out of town then try Mumtaz in Bradford

English wise i love Nandos their chicken is great. great and helfpul staff aswell

Archived