Where is the best & cheapest place for tyres?

if you drive within your cars limit, and keep to speed limit. then any old part worn will be more then enough. if you drive like a idiot and speed all the time then buy better tyres

I was watching programme other day, a car had a blowout on the motorway and smashed in to another car and narrowly missed being crushed by a lorry. The motorway cop showed the driver the part worn and now somewhat shredded tyre and the two previous repairs it had had, I think he advised new budget tyres rather than previously used as you do not know how they may have been damaged by previous owner.

camskill and amazon are often cheaper

As i said before . if he has a 1.3 corsa he will not need Z rated tyres. even if you push the junk off a cliff, it will not reach the tyres speed limit.

If she drives as a fuel saving sensiable driver , she would be using 10% of the tyre grip, why would she need good tyres?

Edited by Michaeldyn

As i said before . if he has a 1.3 corsa he will not need Z rated tyres. even if you push the junk off a cliff, it will not reach the tyres speed limit.

If she drives as a fuel saving sensiable driver , she would be using 10% of the tyre grip, why would she need good tyres?

Cost me just short of £600 for all for tyres :(

I shouldnt complain as they are very good and give great grip in the wet and dry, even in now they are good so I guess they are worth it in the end.

Each to their own but in my opinion tyres are probably the most important thing on a vehicle and area I would never try to save a few quid on. I used black circles and paid £400 inc fitment for all 4 tires doing on a high performance 4 wheel drive car and I couldn't be happier with them.

Bit of info on part worn: http://www.partworn-tyres.co.uk/

Well take this for example:

I was driving along, sensibly, minding my own business.

A car on a side road to my left arrives (fairly quickly) at the junction with my road and pulls out without even looking.

I have to perform and emergency stop, in the wet.

This happened a few weeks ago, luckily I was on the ball (and on the brakes)

He flipped me off btw.

I disagree in the strongest terms over a couple of the posts here.

Second hand tyre, you have no idea whatever of its previous life, or WHY it was removed. If the tyre is "good" why would you remove it?.

Sticking to the speed limit is ok, no problem with that. But 70 on a wet motorway is quite legal, but dodgy with el cheapo tyres on your motor.

Why are the cheap tyres cheap guys, simply because they are not as good as a branded tyre. El cheapo will not give you the mileage, or give you the grip that a "proper" tyre will.

Angel1.