Attercliffe 1953-60s

The Music Hall was The Palace and one of the last to close, I remember going in to watch a show, the star was Danny Regan a local lad with a lovely tenor voice. The show was a revue with different sketches and songs, cant remember that much I was about 7.

When The Palace closed it became Brook Shaws Motor dealers. Almost next door was the Queens pub which has been derelict for about 30years. It si such a shame that these great buildings were abandoned or knocked down.

I went to the music-hall just the once, there was a well known comedian of his day, he used to stand with his mouth open looking gormless. He was a tall thin man, only guessing was he Len Bone, the equally well known Birmingham lady comedian sometimes worked with him - forgot her name as well put it down to old age.

I went to the music-hall just the once, there was a well known comedian of his day, he used to stand with his mouth open looking gormless. He was a tall thin man, only guessing was he Len Bone, the equally well known Birmingham lady comedian sometimes worked with him - forgot her name as well put it down to old age.

Len Bone was a character in the Army Game an ITV series that stared Alfie Bass, Ted Lune played Len Bone. I am so glad you posted that I had not thought of Ted for years.

He was a Lancashire comic not unlike Frank Randall. Once saw him play with Jimmy James as a stooge, the other stooge was Roy Castle. Brilliant.

Beryl Reid?

My mum used to tell me about the tallent nights ay the Palace and the hook they used to drag bad acts off with. Apparently one bloke called Jesus Lee was a regular.

My sister and me used to be taken down the Cliffe shopping with my Nan (Florie Reynolds) and we would usually stop at the bookies on Broughton Lane bridge to put 6d each way on a horse for my Grandad.

Archived