Attercliffe 1953-60s

A little bit off your map, but I remember seeing Tony Dalli, Ronnie Dukes and Rickie Lee at the Dog and Partridge about 1956.

Ricky Lee was actually was called Tomlinson and worked in the Post Office near Clay St she had a sister called June who later worked in Rickys a dress shop on the corner of Vicarage Rd where the Adelphi is

What about all the shoe shops down "The Cliffe" Boston Shoe Shop, Playfair, Easifit, Truform, just to mention a few, no shoes on display inside in the shop, just told the assistant what size, colour and style, (court shoes, sling backs, high heel or cuban heel) and they climbed the little ladder and a brought a selection from the boxes stacked on shelves. Bringing a lot of memories back.Not forgetting the little dress shops I can remember Betty's. I think it was somewhere opposite the Palace.

Ricky Lee was actually was called Tomlinson and worked in the Post Office near Clay St she had a sister called June who later worked in Rickys a dress shop on the corner of Vicarage Rd where the Adelphi is

was the shop you mention called Kitters? can remember that corner being called 'Kitters Corner' ...........

Remember the Labour Exchange just a bit further up from the Globe. I used to go up the back of there for piano lessons. Mrs Hale the teacher was called. Anyone else go to her on here:?:

I came of shiregreen but spent alot of time down the cliffe.I went to Hatfield House Lane school and had loads of mates from down the cliffe.Used to play snooker at aplace at the bottom of Staniforth road on the other side of burtons. I found that the people down there were a different breed a great bunch and I will never forget them.When I travel down the cliffe now wonderful memories come flooding back.How sad to see buildings you knew falling into disrepair.

When I left school in 1965 I eventually ended up working down Baker street at Frankern motors across from the Queens pub .

Has Kellets the spring makers been mentioned yet?

remember that firm near Zion lane use to sit at the bottom of our entry which was near Mathews furnature store and hear them working on hot summer days

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 11:49 ----------

I came of shiregreen but spent alot of time down the cliffe.I went to Hatfield House Lane school and had loads of mates from down the cliffe.Used to play snooker at aplace at the bottom of Staniforth road on the other side of burtons. I found that the people down there were a different breed a great bunch and I will never forget them.When I travel down the cliffe now wonderful memories come flooding back.How sad to see buildings you knew falling into disrepair.

When I left school in 1965 I eventually ended up working down Baker street at Frankern motors across from the Queens pub .

bought a triumph herald coupe off Frank and Ernest when the garage the had was a old stable

remember that firm near Zion lane use to sit at the bottom of our entry which was near Mathews furnature store and hear them working on hot summer days

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 11:49 ----------

bought a triumph herald coupe off Frank and Ernest when the garage the had was a old stable

hello raymondo1952 you mentioning zion lane did you happen to live near johnie barret or terry morgan used to play cards in terrys house

Petcharlie here,Raymondo could have possibly worked on your triumph who knows?The lads I remember were Bob Perkins,Steve Goddard who I believed lived on Don Road or possible Alfred Road and a lad called Alan Brookes who livid of Woodburn Road whos father raced pigeons.Does anybody know what became of any of them?

Archived