"Money in the Bank"..dangerous?

I thought everyone on SF loved a tax on wealth?
Maybe now they're actually understanding what a tax on (already taxed-) "wealth" actually means, when it's explained to them in such simple terms as the Cyprus Gvt is currently doing, taking 6.ish% of the balance of their account from the first £0.01, without the usual smoke-&-mirrors, manners and middlemen? :twisted::D

Maybe now they're actually understanding what a tax on (already taxed-) "wealth" actually means, when it's explained to them in such simple terms as the Cyprus Gvt is currently doing, taking 6.ish% of the balance of their account from the first £0.01, without the usual smoke-&-mirrors, manners and middlemen? :twisted::D

I think we killed the discussion

What is happening right now in Cyprus is just the start, a testing ground if you will. Many have know money grabbing directly out of bank accounts was always going to happen at some point. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

What is happening right now in Cyprus is just the start, a testing ground if you will. Many have know money grabbing directly out of bank accounts was always going to happen at some point. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Yes it's a trial balloon' to see what they can get away with.

I think they miscalculated.

And I can't believe how many people are arguing how what is proposed is in any way a rational and sane option.

Yes it's a trial balloon' to see what they can get away with.

I think they miscalculated.

And I can't believe how many people are arguing how what is proposed is in any way a rational and sane option.

It is the only option if you think about it. Take from those who have and pay the debt off.

You can either do it openly or by stealth. Step forward Stealthy Gideon.

It is the only option if you think about it. Take from those who have and pay the debt off.

You can either do it openly or by stealth. Step forward Stealthy Gideon.

Taking money from small investors is not a sane option. No matter which you cut it.

Taking money from small investors is not a sane option. No matter which you cut it.

They aren't small investors, they are people with cash. It is the only place to get cash from.

I agree that levying bank savings is a stupid idea, but the source of the eventual debt repayment will remain the same.

They aren't small investors, they are people with cash. It is the only place to get cash from.

I agree that levying bank savings is a stupid idea, but the source of the eventual debt repayment will remain the same.

You're making the mistake of thinking them staying in the Euro is the only option.

They need to default, get out, get their own currency and rebuild. It will be less painful for them long-term.

Archived