"Money in the Bank"..dangerous?

I did and will continue to ride into the sunset on it hopefully, all going well.

There are more profitable things to buy at the moment.

The other risk is that the crisis is averted (they usually are) and the gold price continue to slide. Down 10% or so this year so far.

Always beware of bubbles.

The other risk is that the crisis is averted (they usually are) and the gold price continue to slide. Down 10% or so this year so far.

What would you buy as a hedge against currency or banking collapse?

What would you buy as a hedge against currency or banking collapse?

Land, possibly.

Maybe gold, but it is historically very expensive.

Platinum/ Rhodium and other precious metals.

Or shares in a more economically healthy region.

Or antiques, but only certain types.

I guess it depends upon your wealth, age, need for liquidity and your skills. Everyone is different.

In any case, there won't be a currency collapse. Too many wealthy and influential individuals would get burnt.

There are a number of reasons why gold could shoot through the roof soon enough so I'm going to hold strong, certainly for now.

No nasty little thieves are going to steal my precious!

There are a number of reasons why gold could shoot through the roof soon enough so I'm going to hold strong, certainly for now.

No nasty little thieves are going to steal my precious!

I agree with holding it. I'm not buying more though.

Last month would have been a good time, but I'm not Doctor Who:D

i wonder how many of our mps/well off people have their money tucked away in tax haven countries knowing if this happens here it wont affect them?.

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 22:44 ----------

the bankers in this country dont get prison sentences they get bigger bonuses. all with the backing of our mps, how much more crap are the people in this country going to stand :huh:

Do you ever know what you are talking about? You spout the same stuff no matter what the subject, you ask for a tax on the people who can afford it, Cyprus try and do exactly that and you still complain?

Do you ever know what you are talking about? You spout the same stuff no matter what the subject, you ask for a tax on the people who can afford it, Cyprus try and do exactly that and you still complain?
more than you mate but you cant see it :loopy:

Archived