TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

Indeed, not many people have CRT tellies these days.

I'm not even sure the old technology would work against a modern CRT telly, if indeed it ever worked in any practical sense. I would imagine that any CRT telly would be connected to a Freeview box now.

QUOTE=Don't mind paying it. Think the fee is worth it just for Radios 3, 4 and 6. But then I'm not a tramp.

Couldn't agree more!! Just for Radio 4 alone is worth the licence fee! I hardly watch the TV. I would be gutted if the fee system to pay for the BBC was abolished and we lost the best radio station on this planet because of this.

Capita?

The company with an offshore subsidiary (in other words, the company that avoids paying tax)?

The company contracted by the government at taxpayer expense to enforce TV licencing - a tax avoider making sure you pay your share?

The tax avoider paid £100 million of our money by the DVLA to crackdown on vehicle tax and insurance evasion?

Remarkable!

Well, having lived in my flat for around a decade now, when I moved in I was in there around 6 months with a TV, VCR and outdoor antenna.

Then started getting red letters with £1000 fine on top, then someone came round to my house I made out nobody was home, saw him cross the street, then I went and made out I was a friend looking after the flat and called myself George Stobbart, it did not wash, then I was found out, never got done but had to fill out the form and start payments, you see, even fraud cannot be convicted.

All these mentions of "live" TV, has anyone noticed that if you are watching a program on terrestrial (via an aerial) and someone has the same program in another room via satellite then the satellite broadcast is usually a second or so after the terrestrial, therefore not live. :suspect:

All these mentions of "live" TV, has anyone noticed that if you are watching a program on terrestrial (via an aerial) and someone has the same program in another room via satellite then the satellite broadcast is usually a second or so after the terrestrial, therefore not live. :suspect:

Yes there is a delay, radio from DAB or FM is even more of a delay!

Surely the opposite proof would be required, with the principle of UK law being innocent until proven guilty... The prosecution would have to establish that you were watching broadcast TV.

Yes. Hence why you can't be prosecuted if you simply don't allow TV licensing inspectors into your house.

Archived