TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

If they know the address then it's really not very difficult to find out who someone is.

How do you get from "it's difficult for them to prove it" to "everyone should break the law"? How do you justify in your head morally not paying something you're legally obliged to pay?

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 08:16 ----------

Warrants can be issued for an address, they don't need the name of the occupant.

Evidence would also include you making a statement to the effect that you watch broadcast TV and don't buy a license.

Why do people believe this gibberish?

Acts of parliament are what form laws.

An act of parliament is what forms the law.

More details on the constitutional process of the UK here

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/laws/acts/

They quite clearly explain how acts of parliament become law.

You're confused about law officials and tv license goons like capita.

If it was that straightforward to get a warrant don't you think they would get one for the millions that don't have license.

If you give a statement at your door, yes that's evidence.

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 08:45 ----------

IF we stop paying then it will be funded by tax.

We pay for royal family with tax, not everyone agrees with that.

Why do people who have no kids pay tax that covers the provision for schools? Its called society. I do agree that the TV licence is a stealth tax, broaden you horizons and watch less tv, walk, talk, read, take up a hobby some of them are free.

Why do people believe this gibberish?

Acts of parliament are what form laws.

An act of parliament is what forms the law.

A law is a set of rules, a system to keep people safe.

An act is a mandate from the government, to those who consent to be governed.

Acts are not laws.

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 09:05 ----------

Why do people who have no kids pay tax that covers the provision for schools? Its called society. I do agree that the TV licence is a stealth tax, broaden you horizons and watch less tv, walk, talk, read, take up a hobby some of them are free.

Agree. Paying to be brainwashed by ant and Dec.

A law is a set of rules, a system to keep people safe.

An act is a mandate from the government, to those who consent to be governed.

Acts are not laws.

A law is something created by an act of parliament that defines behaviour that must or must not take place, punishments for contravening the requirement, rules about enforcement and so on.

An act is what creates law.

Acts are not laws, but when acts are passed by both houses of government and approved by the head of state (a formality) they are written into law.

Laws are formed by acts of parliament, and the Communications act 2003 was passed into law back in 2003.

If you were correct then you'd be able to find an example of a law that wasn't created by an act of parliament, can you do that?

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 09:27 ----------

You're confused about law officials and tv license goons like capita.

Given that I made no statement about law officials or TV license investigators what made you think that I was in any way confused?

Perhaps you were confused about what I'd written since I didn't mention them at all.

If it was that straightforward to get a warrant don't you think they would get one for the millions that don't have license.

I didn't say that it was easy to get a warrant, I corrected the mistake that you needed to name the occupant of an address to get a warrant for that address.

You have to actually read what is written, not make up something to which you'd like to respond.

You don't need a TV licence to listen to the radio.
The cost of the tv license helps fund BBC radio. Again its 39p a day. I spend more than that on crisps.

Basically only stingy losers complain about paying for a tv license.

The old technology did work and exist but they have no technology that can pick up on the new LCD flat TV's.

It could prove that a TV was operating by listening to the local oscillator and the colourbust oscillators. That doesnt mean you are watching broadcast TV though - a CCTV system or one connected to a DVD player would do exactly the same thing.

Same with an LCD TV - it's exceedingly difficult to tell the difference between a TV and a laptop, or a desktop monitor....

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 12:35 ----------

its all over the internet actually, its an act not a law, same as parking tickets and filling in the census, its only law at sea not on land so unenforcable if you take it all the way

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 01:07 ----------

it isnt a law its an act

Freeman on the land and other such legal woo will get you nowhere I'm afraid - if you have an installed broadcast receiver you need to licence it.

Archived