TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

Not really a loophole I thought it was common knowledge that you didn't need one if you didn't watch live TV.

The problem is, the vest majority of people will use catch up services in addition to watching live TV, which would be still illegal without a license.

Maybe they'll change the law to include those using iPlayer. Or make those using iPlayer without a license have to pay to watch per programme. This will obviously be a possibility if enough people stop paying as they can't run the BBC on thin air.

Its not illigal,just don't pay it anyway and it is not enforcable.

Really.You are told it is illegal and when an inspector calls and you sign his paper work then you are saying you are using a tv etc.Write a denying implied rights of access letter and they will leave you alone.Like they have myself some of my friends and family.I have not paid mine for ages.Have i been taken to court,have i been fined,have the police been knocking my door down,no,no and no.I will find a way to put my letter up from the licensing people.

Really.You are told it is illegal and when an inspector calls and you sign his paper work then you are saying you are using a tv etc.Write a denying implied rights of access letter and they will leave you alone.Like they have myself some of my friends and family.I have not paid mine for ages.Have i been taken to court,have i been fined,have the police been knocking my door down,no,no and no.I will find a way to put my letter up from the licensing people.

I was just showing it is enforceable....as thousands of people have found out..

Ok,it is only enforcable if you sign the paper work,don't sign it and there is nothing they can do.Added my letter.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/wmm1973/sprayedtvlicense_zpsac5e31ee.jpg

Yet it is illegal to use a television to receive broadcasts without paying for a license.

What you and many others are aware of is that they have no right of entry to witness/prove that you have such a television.

That is the only bit that makes it unenforceable.

Were they to witness you, through a window, watching Judge Judy, they'd have you.

Slightly different things.

Yet it is illegal to use a television to receive broadcasts without paying for a license.

What you and many others are aware of is that they have no right of entry to witness/prove that you have such a television.

That is the only bit that makes it unenforceable.

Were they to witness you, through a window, watching Judge Judy, they'd have you.

Slightly different things.

No they would not :hihi:.My friend sat the inspector down while the TV was on,deliberatly wasted 10 mins of his time and when he got paper work out for him to sign.He then asked him to leave,which he did.Still never got a court summons.:hihi:.Your totally brainwashed.

No they would not :hihi:.My friend sat the inspector down while the TV was on,deliberatly wasted 10 mins of his time and when he got paper work out for him to sign.He then asked him to leave,which he did.Still never got a court summons.:hihi:.Your totally brainwashed.

Thanks.

I do have to think again.

Mate has txt me back and it is some sort of electric hand held thing,not paper work any more.

Why would they need to see you through the window,when they have all these detector vans that are supposed to know what you are watching etc.It has all been a lie from day one.Even Noel Edmunds addmitted on TV he does not pay his license.

Archived