TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

Yet it is illegal to use a television to receive broadcasts without paying for a license.

What you and many others are aware of is that they have no right of entry to witness/prove that you have such a television.

That is the only bit that makes it unenforceable.

Were they to witness you, through a window, watching Judge Judy, they'd have you.

Slightly different things.

Not if you were watching it on catch-up tv

Its not illigal,just don't pay it anyway and it is not enforcable.

Is this more Freemen on the Land tosh?

It certainly is illegal to watch live TV without a licence; please refer to the Communications Act 2003.

If TVL/Capita rock up and you don't let them in then fine, but if they come back with a warrant and a policeman you will have no choice.

There was a thread about this not too long ago.

<EDIT>

Here it is

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9655740&postcount=189

I've linked to my post, mainly because it's about how people who consume the content without paying are degrading the experience for us all, but also about the law involved. Please ignore the FMotL bits if that's not your thing. The rest of the thread is a good read.

</EDIT>

Cripes, he could be heading for a bankrupting £1000 fine !

That was years ago and you dont get a £1000 fine,its usually around £150.Will people please get there head out of the sand.

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 19:19 ----------

Is this more Freemen on the Land tosh?

It certainly is illegal to watch live TV without a licence; please refer to the Communications Act 2003.

If TVL/Capita rock up and you don't let them in then fine, but if they come back with a warrant and a policeman you will have no choice.

There was a thread about this not too long ago.

<EDIT>

Here it is

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9655740&postcount=189

I've linked to my post, mainly because it's about how people who consume the content without paying are degrading the experience for us all, but also about the law involved. Please ignore the FMotL bits if that's not your thing. The rest of the thread is a good read.

</EDIT>

Yes,an ACT only.The policeman is there only by oath,he is only there to keep the peace eg his oath.No TV inspector has any right to issue a warrant.I have spoken to an ex manager for a department at SCC,who used to be a magistrate and they now have meetings about the freeman "tosh" as they are worried.

Oh and i forgot to say,when i told them they are peado protectors and i have no signed contract with them,capita sent me a cheque for £24 refund.

if the BBC did not want us to see there live TV, then why do they not scramble it and do pay per view,like sky do?If you look at your license it does say you must pay your TV license until 2016.Is this when they scrap it?

Also a facebook friend has asked for the letter i sent,which i also posted on my page,as she is fed up with them threatening her with court everytime her payment is late.She was also adviced by her friend,whom is a clerk, that if you sign the agreement the inspector asked you to sign, then you are your own witness.simple as.

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 19:34 ----------

I think the BBC should be CLOSED DOWN.

Have you not read the peado/everyone was involved in the sex scandal? involving the BBC,but then again dont believe every thing you read in the papers thing,unless you want to bury your head.

Also a facebook friend has asked for the letter i sent,which i also posted on my page,

ah yes, your letter - care to answer my question?

Have you not read the peado/everyone was involved in the sex scandal? involving the BBC,but then again dont believe every thing you read in the papers thing,unless you want to bury your head.

maybe best if you don`t,, you`re as mad as a box of frogs,

I'm happy to spend less than 3 pounds a week on the BBC as they are my most watched channels. Even if they weren't my most watched, I probably wouldn't take the advice of Mr Random off an Internet forum and not pay it *shrug*

Archived