TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

For those wondering what it all means, it's Freeman on the land legal woo and it has about as much validity as my aunties cat when it comes to advising you on the law. FmoTL gets shot down all the time in court and there has never been any other response apart from the occasional court passing sentence including some extra for contempt of court and mucking about playing silly buggers.

Agreed.

I've asked the FoTL woo to start a thread on their "beliefs" a number of times.

So far the response has been the same as FoTL court wins. Zero.

All the best series are on Sky, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead. The BBC is nearly all utter crap. I don't see why we should have to pay for it. It should be a subscription service, like Sky.

You'll also find that if you look around there are some really good streaming sites where they can be watched for free. Plug pc into tv and not only do you not need a T.V. license but you also don't need Sky.

• 2 weeks later...

Yawn. here we go again.

some people will tell you that you will be fine, others will tell you you wont, there will be a great debate over it all

more importantly everyone will wonder who you actually are? an old member who got banned perhaps? a troll? a criminal?

pay the license!

what will happen, i dont watch or listen to bbc so why should i pay. I pay my sky sub cos i watch it. Isnt this a form of tax.

Nothing will happen unless you sign what the Capita employee who masquerades as an employee of the bbc asks you to.

Dont sign anything, nothing can happen :)

Oh and sending therm a letter removing implied right of access helps loads too.

For a long time I had tv only to watch bluray and DVD. No signal free view or virgin. Plenty of letters harrasing that I need tv licence. When I ignored letters they started visiting me. About 4visit within half of the year. They came at different times. The earliest visit was half past 8 the latest at 10pm. I decided to buy this licence because i realised it was the only way to stop letters and visits.

what will happen, i dont watch or listen to bbc so why should i pay. I pay my sky sub cos i watch it. Isnt this a form of tax.

Yes, it's a tax. If you can afford Sky (£20 or more per month) you can afford the TV tax too.

Archived