TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

Makes no odds what youve got bolted to your wall.

Ive got milk in my fridge but i dont have a cow in the garden.

As for bullet proof evidence?

:hihi:

This makes no odds either,

No signy, no finey.

Simple as ;)

What's bolted to the wall isn't evidence, however if it gives capita even a hunch you've got a sat/cable subscription then all they need to do is contact the providers and if a sub comes back for that address then yes, it's bulletproof in court.

Unless you think a magistrate would accept the argument that someone is paying Sky for a service which can only legally be used with a licence but doesn't actually use it, they just like giving Rupe money. Not only would it not wash the fine would be at the upper end of the scale as a blatant pisstake. You're giving the OP bad advice which could land him in court and well out of pocket.

---------- Post added 24-04-2013 at 20:55 ----------

Just reading this with interest. I don't have a aerial & can only watch tv through my satellite which I currently pay sky for. Do I also require a tv license? (I have always paid for one)

Yes you do.

Just reading this with interest. I don't have a aerial & can only watch tv through my satellite which I currently pay sky for. Do I also require a tv license? (I have always paid for one)

Yes you do its nothing to do with having an aerial.

For a long time I had tv only to watch bluray and DVD. No signal free view or virgin. Plenty of letters harrasing that I need tv licence. When I ignored letters they started visiting me. About 4visit within half of the year. They came at different times. The earliest visit was half past 8 the latest at 10pm. I decided to buy this licence because i realised it was the only way to stop letters and visits.

No it isn't. You tell them you don't need a licence because you don't receive TV as it's broadcast and they leave you alone. Eventually!

What's bolted to the wall isn't evidence, however if it gives capita even a hunch you've got a sat/cable subscription then all they need to do is contact the providers and if a sub comes back for that address then yes, it's bulletproof in court.

Unless you think a magistrate would accept the argument that someone is paying Sky for a service which can only legally be used with a licence but doesn't actually use it, they just like giving Rupe money. Not only would it not wash the fine would be at the upper end of the scale as a blatant pisstake. You're giving the OP bad advice which could land him in court and well out of pocket.

On a scale of 1 to wrong, you're 11.

Pay for a license then, ill save my money and spend it on the kids instead ;)

---------- Post added 24-04-2013 at 20:55 ----------

Yes you do.

Hang on,

My broadband package also includes cable TV, but I don't have a TV. They just bunged in the service for free to sweeten my broadband deal. Just because someone has a subscription doesn't mean they actually watch it. The only people that get prosecuted by TVL are the fools that allow some random 'inspector' into their homes, and then sign an admission of guilt.

The best way to deal with this outdated scam is just to ignore it. Unless your name is 'The Occupier', then those letters aren't for you, and can be placed directly into the recycling.

cool SAAB. while your spending it on the kids. explain to them that its ok to ignore rules if they want to. great way to bring up kids just because you think you have found a loophole or two.

i prefer people with morals than those who weasel their way out of things.

cool SAAB. while your spending it on the kids. explain to them that its ok to ignore rules if they want to. great way to bring up kids just because you think you have found a loophole or two.

i prefer people with morals than those who weasel their way out of things.

Weasel out of paying money to a billion £ organization that gets lots of money by tricking the general public into thinking its the law.

Its a good scam ill give them that..

I wont be scammed out of my money though, thats for the sheeple :)

Weasel out of paying money to a billion £ organization that gets lots of money by tricking the general public into thinking its the law.

Its a good scam ill give them that..

I wont be scammed out of my money though, thats for the sheeple :)

It is the law. It's the wrong way to fund the BBC in this day and age IMO but that's not relevant, as it stands it's the law. You're breaking the law and at the moment getting away with it, like any criminal who has not yet been caught. Great example to set the young uns.

Archived