TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

Where is FoTL stuff being banned from the internet? As far as I can see TPUC, GOODF, DIF forum and a host of others haven't been banned.

FoTL has its roots in the far right "sovereign citizen" groups in the USA, and more recently in con-men like Menard.

Done your NOUICOR yet - tried paying bills by A4V or promissory note :cool:

You might like to read about FoTL success stories;

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=177447

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

Have fun :)

In progress, but not by me.I can't comment at this time.A third letter has had a response from the bank and IRS.Sites have not been banned,content has.:roll:

---------- Post added 25-04-2013 at 23:10 ----------

Who needs a TV licence when there's a world of adventure out there and treasure to find. Arrr

True,i love your attitude aarrr.Where is this treasure my friend?

You really are wrong.Tell you what, you ring them up and speak to them for twenty minutes and get back to me when you get your bill.I promise not to say told you so.

Show me where your phone company can charge you a different rate for an 0114 area code then? They can't - and the onus of proof is on you to make your absurd case, not on me to disprove your fantasy.

I asked you this last and you never gave me an answer.

That's because it was a strawman that you were making and I treated it with the contempt that most of your insane drivel deserves - ie I laughed at it.

---------- Post added 25-04-2013 at 23:26 ----------

again the thread descends into a debate over if you can be procecuted or not and how to avoid that, rather than the is it law or not

That's because they love misdirection. It avoids them answering the awkward questions they cannot answer.

In progress, but not by me.I can't comment at this time.A third letter has had a response from the bank and IRS.Sites have not been banned,content has.:roll:

Come, come - FoTL woffle doesn't get banned on those sites I mentioned and a whole host of others. People who don't fall for "illegal but not unlawful" nonsense are the one that usually get banned from those forums.

Anyway - why don't you start a thread on SF extolling the virtues of FoTL instead of hiding on TV licence dodging threads :cool:

Found any FoTL successes yet :)

Show me where your phone company can charge you a different rate for an 0114 area code then? They can't - and the onus of proof is on you to make your absurd case, not on me to disprove your fantasy.

Anyone can buy a line from BT and charge what they want per minute.A colleague went online got the "local" number and made about 4 calls,all no longer than 5 mins.A week or so later manager comes down, has us all in the office.Who has been phoning tax office blah,blah.Colleague says he did,why?Manager shows him the itemised bill for office phone, £25 charged at premium rate.

Thank you.

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 10:18 ----------

To be fair they have managed to convince a load of gullible people to take up ridiculous possitions in court and end up with much bigger fines than they would have had so that's er..kindof..ish..a success?

Where is your proof they received bigger fines or is this just more drivel?

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 10:28 ----------

Come, come - FoTL woffle doesn't get banned on those sites I mentioned and a whole host of others. People who don't fall for "illegal but not unlawful" nonsense are the one that usually get banned from those forums.

Anyway - why don't you start a thread on SF extolling the virtues of FoTL instead of hiding on TV licence dodging threads :cool:

Found any FoTL successes yet [/B]:)

Yes me, my friends and family who have not paid there TV license and have not been prosecuted or fined,even after 3 yrs not paying.Even with an inspector sat on his settee,while TV was broadcasting LIVE,still never got prosecuted.What more proof do you need? the laugh is on you fella.If your a solicitor please go back to uni and re-study :hihi:

Not sure that freeman on the land stuff will hold much weight if the authorities read this and decide that you've been encouraging others to break the law via the internet. They dished out some pretty steep penalties for people doing that during the riots a couple of years ago.

i reckon the CAB had spent a little time checking this stuff out. heck, they probably have maybe one or two lawyers on their payroll.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/consumer_ni/phones_tv_internet_and_computers_index_e/consumer_tv_licences_e/about_tv_licences.htm

go read it.

buy a license.

You need a TV Licence to use any television-receiving equipment to watch or record TV programmes as they are being shown on TV.

You don't need a television licence if a TV set cannot receive TV programmes and is used only:

for close circuit monitoring

for watching pre-recorded videos or DVDs

as a computer monitor

to play computer games.

You don't need a TV licence if you only ever watch catch-up services, like BBC i-Player, that let you watch programmes after they have been broadcast.

buy a license.

Nope, sorry. Your link tells me that I don't need one.

Not sure that freeman on the land stuff will hold much weight if the authorities read this and decide that you've been encouraging others to break the law via the internet. They dished out some pretty steep penalties for people doing that during the riots a couple of years ago.

Riots v TV license:huh: ok, please point out from any of my posts have i tried to encourage anyone not to pay there TV license.It is not a crime,not to pay.

Riots v TV license:huh: ok, please point out from any of my posts have i tried to encourage anyone not to pay there TV license.It is not a crime,not to pay.

No, not Riots v TV license - incitement to break the law was the point. I was using the incitement during the riots as an example.

And if you're happy you've not encouraged anyone then fair plays. It's not me you have to convince, I'm not part of the authorities.

Anyone can buy a line from BT and charge what they want per minute.

No, they really can't. The maximum rate that you can charge per unit, the unit length are limited by the class of number called. An 0114 is a standard geographic rate call - you can check that here... http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/files/2010/01/numbering.pdf

A call to an 0114 number will cost the same as to any other 0114 number. Any call that costs a premium cannot exceed £1.65 a minute (from a landline), must be made to an 09 series number. Geographic calls, (01 02 03 series) do not get charged at this rate.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public/Premium-rate-number-guide.aspx

Please stop telling porkie pies.

A colleague went online got the "local" number and made about 4 calls,all no longer than 5 mins.A week or so later manager comes down, has us all in the office.Who has been phoning tax office blah,blah.Colleague says he did,why?Manager shows him the itemised bill for office phone, £25 charged at premium rate.

Utter fabrication. Let's see the bill then. It should be easy for you to prove this but you keep ducking and diving.

Archived