TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

No, they really can't. The maximum rate that you can charge per unit, the unit length are limited by the class of number called. An 0114 is a standard geographic rate call - you can check that here... http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/files/2010/01/numbering.pdf

A call to an 0114 number will cost the same as to any other 0114 number. Any call that costs a premium cannot exceed £1.65 a minute (from a landline), must be made to an 09 series number. Geographic calls, (01 02 03 series) do not get charged at this rate.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public/Premium-rate-number-guide.aspx

Please stop telling porkie pies.

Utter fabrication. Let's see the bill then. It should be easy for you to prove this but you keep ducking and diving.

Oh, hang on then, i will go up to my manager and ask for the bill.When he asks why, i will tell him that instead of me doing my work that you pay me to do, im on the Sheffield Forum arguing with people, who like myself, have no qualification in law.So therefore each one of us, thinks we are correct.

Oh, hang on then, i will go up to my manager and ask for the bill.When he asks why, i will tell him that instead of me doing my work that you pay me to do, im on the Sheffield Forum arguing with people, who like myself, have no qualification in law.So therefore each one of us, thinks we are correct.

That would be basic numeracy we are interested in not law. As for my qualifications in law how do you know what they are?

Regardless I note that you cannot produce any evidence, because of course it doesnt exist. Stop telling utter untruths unless you can substatiante them.

No, not Riots v TV license - incitement to break the law was the point. I was using the incitement during the riots as an example.

And if you're happy you've not encouraged anyone then fair plays. It's not me you have to convince, I'm not part of the authorities.

It is not breaking the law though is it,plus if lets say for example i had been inciting, then the thread would have been closed a long time ago.It is a debate whether a license is required legally or lawfully.I don't watch live programs, so legally i dont need one.If anyone decides to stop paying, then thats up to them and has been a decision they have made by reading the whole thread and not just influenced by my posts.

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 13:15 ----------

[/color]

That would be basic numeracy we are interested in not law. As for my qualifications in law how do you know what they are?

Regardless I note that you cannot produce any evidence, because of course it doesnt exist. Stop telling utter untruths unless you can substatiante them.[/QUOTE]

Well i can't can i and you know damn well i can't,if it was my personal bill then you know it would'nt be a problem show you.

Well i can't can i and you know damn well i can't,if it was my personal bill then you know it would'nt be a problem show you.

You've made an unfounded accusation. That's your problem. I've made an assertion about the actual real prices, and provided credible proof to back up my position. As such, it's easy to say you are talking poppycock. If you don't want to be a laughing stock, come back with proof

You've made an unfounded accusation. That's your problem. I've made an assertion about the actual real prices, and provided credible proof to back up my position. As such, it's easy to say you are talking poppycock. If you don't want to be a laughing stock, come back with proof

Its obviously check mate,as i have said, it is not my bill, so therefore you know i cannot prove it and your just gonna keep on milking it.You have your views, i have mine,neither are going to change.

At the end of the day, i don't pay my TV license or fishing license, i will never be fined.The only laughing stock are the license payers.

Its obviously check mate,as i have said, it is not my bill, so therefore you know i cannot prove it and your just gonna keep on milking it.You have your views, i have mine,neither are going to change.

At the end of the day, i don't pay my TV license or fishing license, i will never be fined.The only laughing stock are the license payers.

Translation - I lost the argument about the phone bills so I'll talk twaddle about something else and hope no one notices.... right?

Translation - I lost the argument about the phone bills so I'll talk twaddle about something else and hope no one notices.... right?

No, i have not lost any argument,im just unable to prove my "accusation" any further,so no point carrying on.No one will be reading this thread,as they are probably as bored as i am.

THE EVENT

Manager came down,told us head office had noticed a large charge on a Wednesday afternoon.When investigated it was to Sheffield tax office and is not charged at local rate,but at premium rate.Colleague was shown the bill,he went into his pocket and pulled out some notes and gave some to the manager.Manager said does'nt matter this time.When asked how much the call was, colleague said £25.Thats it, thats all i can give you.If you dont believe me, i honestly dont care.

I think being unable to prove the point counts as losing.

Either

a) you are telling porkies

b) you have a colleauge who is telling porkies

c) you have a colleauge who didn't call an 0114 number.

Regardless of what it is, your assertion that the tax office have premium rate 0114 numbers is wholly wrong, and it is irresponsible of you to make the claim without any supporting evidence, in the face of conflicting evidence from an authoritative source.

I think being unable to prove the point counts as losing.

Either

a) you are telling porkies

b) you have a colleauge who is telling porkies

c) you have a colleauge who didn't call an 0114 number.

Regardless of what it is, your assertion that the tax office have premium rate 0114 numbers is wholly wrong, and it is irresponsible of you to make the claim without any supporting evidence, in the face of conflicting evidence from an authoritative source.

No having the evidence to prove my point,BUT unable to provide it,in my book does not count as losing.The supporting evidence is on the bill.I could go up to the managers office and steal it,as he has gone,but i am a law abiding citizen.:D

Just had a look on HMRC website and can't see any 0114 numbers,so dunno what he did then.

i am a law abiding citizen.:D

No you're not. The law clearly states that to operate a television signal receiver you need to be in possession of a licence.

Just because you are avoiding being caught doesn't make your actions any more legal than driving at 80 down a country lane out of sight of the police makes speeding legal.

Archived