TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

When paid a visit, simply tell them to go away- do not let them in the house. Unless they can prove you're watching programs as they're being broadcast, there is nothing they can do- as you're not letting them into your proprety, they cannot prove anything.

Indeed. They have no right to enter your home and even be on your front path. Many people who end up getting fined simply s**t themselves and let them in.

I must now be on the 23rd cycle of letters from them. Capita are toothless in enforcing it.

They can prove it if they see you watching a live TV broadcast & take a photo...

In which case dont allow the TV to be seen from outside the house. Simple.

They can prove it if they see you watching a live TV broadcast & take a photo...

And, if you don't let them in your house, how's that going to happen?

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 11:56 ----------

I like it how Saab hasn't tipped up with any evidence to support his claim pmsl

What evidence would count for you?

All that's been said to now is that the TV license fee doesn't have to be paid. Which is true- simply do not allow TV licence personel onto your property- then there's no way they can establish whether or not you have a TV receiving live broadcasts.

If you think there are ways they can cause a problem for such uncooperative peopl, then could you provide some evidence for that please?

and this-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/courts-jail-845-for-not-paying-tv-licence-fines-1428836.html

is not evidence for that, as, all those jailed clearly went along with the process in some way (e.g. being unaware that the TV licensing people have no right to enter thier property)

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 11:57 ----------

This isn't what Total Chaos SAAB_ has said though. He's saying that there is no legal basis that requires you to pay the TV license, or if caught face prosecution and a large fine.

Is it? Where did he say that?

That isn't all that's been said at all is it.

Dont pay it.

Despite what people think there is no law to say you need one.

Do some research. Youll be amazed at what you find out.

The false information in bold is what's been said, and for which no evidence has been provided.

If pressed far enough then he'll come up with some "freeman on the land" defence where he claims that by not accepting the jurisdiction of a court they won't be able to punish you. It's nonsense. He may also try to make a distinction between statute and act of parliament, this will just be nonsense as well.

And, if you don't let them in your house, how's that going to happen?

It depends on your situation & how careless you are. If they can see your TV on from outside your house, they've got you (for example through the front window). If you open the door to them & the TV is on in view of them. I know of people who have been caught & fined like that. They could've avoided it, obviously.

Is it? Where did he say that?

Did you actually read the thread?

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 12:01 ----------

It depends on your situation & how careless you are. If they can see your TV on from outside your house, they've got you (for example through the front window). If you open the door to them & the TV is on in view of them. I know of people who have been caught & fined like that. They could've avoided it, obviously.

Hearing it might be sufficient as well, if they can hear it clearly enough to state that it was something being broadcast that was on.

Well I dont answer my door to anyone anyway. If anyone wants me they can ring me or make an appointment.

So if your front room (and telly) is easily viewable from the street, then all they need is a photo of you watching TV?

So you've basicly gotta keep the curtains shut all your life, or re-arrange the room (if possible) or move the room?

oh and 845 jailed for not paying the licence?? and we're constantly told violent offenders are given short sentences because the prisons are overcrowded?

I can see an easy way to free up 845 spaces right there.

So if your front room (and telly) is easily viewable from the street, then all they need is a photo of you watching TV?

So you've basicly gotta keep the curtains shut all your life, or re-arrange the room (if possible) or move the room?

Imagine if my "front room" wasnt on the front of the house and was designed as such...

Just don't let them in the house, don't let em see it through the window pmsl, your all just worming your way out of the obvious it's because you know you should be paying but don't want to, your willing to use the service but not pay for it ?

it's obvious seen as you have to hide it, you know you will get done for it hence why you don't let them in to catch you and don't let them see it, so Saab is wrong their is laws against it, their is no way around it apart from hiding in the house and shutting the curtains turning the tv down when they come around lol

Archived