TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

An inspector that works for a private company can't execute a warrant, I meant a warrant to get your records from Sky.

But so far all you've demonstrated is that by restricting yourself to free to air services, living in a tower block and being afraid to answer the door without turning off the television you can avoid having evidence gathered against you.

I am confused though as to what land it is you've denied anyone access too (withdrawing the implied consent) since right up to your threshold it will be a public or at best privately shared space.

You might as well be arguing that it's okay for you to rob my house, because so far the police haven't caught you.

Ok,i CHOSE to spend £270 on a freesat box(not exactly free),because i dont want to be tied down with a contract, if i ever move.I don't live in a tower block:huh:i do answer the door,(the turning off the TV was just a suggestion) i usually just press pause.If you read any of my posts an inspector called and i told him i had a 50 inch tv.What evidence is there to gather?i don't watch live TV and if i started the least of my worries would be if an inspector called,with or without a warrant and any police,who would only be there to keep the peace.I watch od and catch up the rest of my time im at work,asleep,gaming,dvds or on the piano if im at home.

Robbing your home would be breaking the law and as a law abiding citizen.

TV license is nothing to do with the police or my and others doors would have been kicked in by now.

NFXPT1BYou might as well be arguing that it's okay for you to rob my house, because so far the police haven't caught you.

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 18:25 ----------

The stuff I have found doesn't match up with your claim that a warrant is worthless, so I put to you that you either need to provide some evidence to back up your claim, or to provide links to the research you keep saying is out there.

Plenty of videos on youtube that show a TV inspector attempting to issue a warrant with police present and still failed to gain entry.

In Cylone's words- An inspector that works for a private company can't execute a warrant

And why?because in your words-licence fee evasion should be a civil matter, not criminal

Plenty of videos on youtube that show a TV inspector attempting to issue a warrant with police present and still failed to gain entry.

Like the video posted a few days ago in this thread? That doesn't show them failing to gain entry, it shows them giving up arguing with idiots. We don't know if they came back later that day after double checking some of their arguments, or going back to the courts and requesting a warrant with the right to force entry.

Provide some written, documented facts which show that the warrant is worthless, videos made by a load of freeloaders following bad advice with no factual basis does not count as evidence. This is no different to people videoing themselves going at 80+mph and posting it on youtube and claiming that because the Police didn't catch them there it must be legal to do so.

In Cylone's words- An inspector that works for a private company can't execute a warrant

They can if they are granted one by the authorities.

And why?because in your words-licence fee evasion should be a civil matter, not criminal

They are not my words. That is the suggestion of a small number of magistrates. STOP repeating that statement parrot like, it's a criminal matter and there are no plans to change that, regardless of how many times you keep telling yourself the opposite.

Like the video posted a few days ago in this thread? That doesn't show them failing to gain entry, it shows them giving up arguing with idiots. We don't know if they came back later that day after double checking some of their arguments, or going back to the courts and requesting a warrant with the right to force entry.Provide some written, documented facts which show that the warrant is worthless, videos made by a load of freeloaders following bad advice with no factual basis does not count as evidence. This is no different to people videoing themselves going at 80+mph and posting it on youtube and claiming that because the Police didn't catch them there it must be legal to do so.

They can if they are granted one by the authorities.

They are not my words. That is the suggestion of a small number of magistrates. STOP repeating that statement parrot like, it's a criminal matter and there are no plans to change that, regardless of how many times you keep telling yourself the opposite.

Evidence please,as an article states differently.

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 19:00 ----------

Evidence please,as an article states differently.

That would be hillarious if i came home one day and they had kicked my door down,just to find im doing nothing illegal.It would also cost them £1200 for a new door + whatever compo i get after i have taken them to court.

Why do we actually pay tv licence i pay for my sky ..... i think tv license should be included when paying for sky/virgin telly ....

"we" should pay

So the pedophile bosses of the BBC can carry on broadcasting Thier version of the truth in countries and areas such as :

Russia

Iran

Turkey

India

Africa

Etc etc

Your TV TAX is used too pay for services which you will never use or even know about .

BTW I don't mind a spot of East Enders .

Somewhere way back in the thread.

If you mean the one which just had some magistrates moaning that too many people were trying to avoid paying and it was taking up too much of their time, that counts as as much of a plan as one of the PCC's the other week saying he thinks speed limits should be scrapped being a national policy.

Your TV TAX is used too pay for services which you will never use or even know about .

No it's not. The BBC World Service is currently paid for by a grant from the FCO.

So the pedophile bosses of the BBC can carry on broadcasting...

If you have any evidence that bosses of the BBC are paedophiles, then I suggest you hand it to the Police, otherwise you could end up in very dodgy legal territory by repeating your claims.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

It appears that FMoTL techniques work in court after all!

One of our valued correspondents was *actually present* when one of his friends refused to stand under the legal fiction of his birth (berth? Admiralty law folks!) certificate ALL CAPS NAME and when the judge abandoned the ship (court. ship court. courtship?) he was the highest authority left in court and so dismissed his own case!

I, for one, welcome our new FMoTL overlords.

As a service to us all, I have taken it upon myself to "do the research" to back up my new FMoTL beliefs and have merely asked for the approximate month and location of the court case.

I look forward to assailing (SAIL - like a boat, a maritime boat) you all with the forthcoming evidence.

Ok,i CHOSE to spend £270 on a freesat box(not exactly free),because i dont want to be tied down with a contract, if i ever move.I don't live in a tower block:huh:i do answer the door,(the turning off the TV was just a suggestion) i usually just press pause.If you read any of my posts an inspector called and i told him i had a 50 inch tv.What evidence is there to gather?i don't watch live TV and if i started the least of my worries would be if an inspector called,with or without a warrant and any police,who would only be there to keep the peace.I watch od and catch up the rest of my time im at work,asleep,gaming,dvds or on the piano if im at home.

If you don't watch anything that is broadcast (including by recording it) then you indeed don't need a TV license and all you waffle about FoTL is irrelevant.

Robbing your home would be breaking the law and as a law abiding citizen.

TV license is nothing to do with the police or my and others doors would have been kicked in by now.

They don't kick in doors to collect evidence, not without a warrant and that requires a reasonable suspicion to be granted.

It isn't though, it's a criminal matter, it's just that collecting the evidence for prosecution isn't done by the police, it's farmed out to a private company.

If you don't watch anything that is broadcast (including by recording it) then you indeed don't need a TV license and all you waffle about FoTL is irrelevant.They don't kick in doors to collect evidence, not without a warrant and that requires a reasonable suspicion to be granted.

It isn't though, it's a criminal matter, it's just that collecting the evidence for prosecution isn't done by the police, it's farmed out to a private company.

No, because even if i did watch live broadcast, i still would not pay it,simply on principle.

Exactly :roll:

Archived