TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

Innocent,until proven guilty.;) even simpler.

So someone who admits, privately, to murdering someone is innocent in your eyes, until he's dragged in front of a jury and convicted?

Or someone videoing themselves going at 90mph on a motorbike is not guilty of any crime unless he's caught?

How about burglars stealing from your home? Are they innocent too up till the point some judge says "Guilty"?

And then you would be a criminal, simple.

And...?

You talk as if being a criminal is necessarily a bad thing. Everyone who smokes an occasional bit of marijuana is 'a criminal'- that means a substantial portion of the UK population is, or, at some point, has been, a criminal.

There's a big difference between being 'a criminal' and, being a bad person.

And...?

The user Total Chaos has been trying to sell the idea that it's perfectly legal to watch live broadcasts while not paying for a TV Licence if you jump though certain hoops. He also seems to be under the misapprehension that because he's not been prosecuted, this means his activity is within the law. Cyclone was reminding him that (as normal) he is wrong.

You talk as if being a criminal is necessarily a bad thing. Everyone who smokes an occasional bit of marijuana is 'a criminal'- that means a substantial portion of the UK population is, or, at some point, has been, a criminal.

There's a big difference between being 'a criminal' and, being a bad person.

Nothing to do with it. He's maintaining that he's not doing anything wrong or criminal, which is at best misleading. If his answer to the thread title was "Because you'll be breaking the law, this might not bother you though" then nobody would be questioning him, instead he went for "you don't have to pay it, only sheeples do, it's perfectly legal not to pay it".

I would imaging that most people in the UK today have broken one or more laws and not been prosecuted for it. That doesn't mean that their actions were legal though, which is what truthlogicmk2 Total Chaos is arguing.

And then you would be a criminal, simple.[/QUOTe]

Innocent,until proven guilty.;) even simpler.

That's a concept in law yes, but if you are talking about doing something that is criminal, then whether or not the law could catch you, you would be a criminal.

So someone who admits, privately, to murdering someone is innocent in your eyes, until he's dragged in front of a jury and convicted?

He could be lying,so until proper evidence is gathered,yes.Plus you cannot be convicted upon your own evidence, alone.

Or someone videoing themselves going at 90mph on a motorbike is not guilty of any crime unless he's caught?

The evidence is in the video,so no.How about burglars stealing from your home? Are they innocent too up till the point some judge says "Guilty"?

Depends, if someone told me that such and such had burgled my home then,innocent.If i caught him,then he would obviously be guilty.

I never said in front of a judge,i meant if the evidence was there or not.My other answers are ^^^^^

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 12:42 ----------

I get in now .............a Freeloader on The Land :cool:

So because i don't need to pay for a TV license im a freeloader:huh:.Do you buy fishing license every year,but never go fishing?:huh:

I've paid into the system for the last 22 yrs,thank you.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 12:46 ----------

That's the fella. Don't want to pay their way in life and use some guff about the Barons not mentioning televisions to try to justify their scrounging ways.

It's just a TV license.Since i started work the government has had about half a million quid from me.And what for so when i get to 67 in 27 yrs time all my contributions will have disapeared.No pension.

Why do we actually pay tv licence i pay for my sky ..... i think tv license should be included when paying for sky/virgin telly ....

I was thinking this the other day.

Id actually prefer just to keep paying for Sky (select the packages I want) and not pay for a TV license at all. At least with Sky I have choice of channels of what I want to pay for or not. Having a TV license means I am paying towards crap like Miranda and The Wright Way plus what ever rubbish BBC3 have come up with.

Archived