TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

But they won't catch anyone who doesn't activley go along with them, by allowing them to enter the house.

Plus the £1000 is a maximum and very rarely is this amount applied:

Court Statistics

Since court records are public, some local newspapers publish summaries of court proceedings.

In this case the data is from Bradford Magistrates Court, covering 78 cases in October 2008. Although this is a very small sample, some interesting statistics can be seen.

Around 60% of convictions were against women, which is similar to the national average of 70%:

Most offenders were in their 20s and 30s:

Including costs, and rounded to the nearest £50, the typical fine was £450:

In 65% of cases the fine, including costs, was £425.

http://www.televisionlicence.info/tvl/guilty

Read it more carefully, if they hear or see a television, they can get a warrant.

If you don't successfully hide your television, sneak around & lie, you can get caught & fined. It is illegal to watch live TV without a license.

Good job I have done that successfully for 4 years now then, isnt it?

one day watching footy on tv knock on the door 3 coppers 2 from tvliercence office copper says we have a warrant to search your property to see if you have a tv couldnt believe my eyes 3 coppers to check for a tv yep took to court and a fine

I can't believe it either- these threads are often contributed to by people working for TV licensing posting similar unlikely sounding tales of woe.

Here's a link of a TV licensing man and several police attempting to gain access to a house and failing to do so-

(Bear in mind that it's incredibly unlikely that police will actually turn up on your door to waste time on TV licensing matters).

Here's a collection of videos showing why there is no need to pay the TV licensing fee.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tv+licensing

Well, it's not something to boast about loudly in public is it?

Neither is being a mug who happily throws away £145 a year to a company, who, IMO, do not deserve it.

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 12:41 ----------

what other laws are you willing to boast about breaking?

Any of the stupid ones- such as those demonising cannabis, or any other laws that cause more harm than good.

I've got zero problems critisising laws I disagree with.

Come on Saab a few of us have asked nicely :)

Give me a chance.

Just had to nip out.

Right. Ill point you in the right direction.

Watch this..

http://www.newstruth.co.uk/success-no-tv-licence-they-know-its-illegal/

Then follow the links to all the info from this blokes page.

Im in the middle of constructing my own page to advise people on how they are legally within their rights to watch tv but not have to buy a license.

Re the licences "inspectors" who come to your door saying they work for the BBC

They dont. They work for capita who pay the BBC a fee to collect monies under the banner or TVL. The money they collect goes to capita.

More on the TVL trademark here

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/tv_licensing_logo_lacks_the_trad

Let me know when youve read the lot.

Watched the vid And followed the links.

If you read all the info youll soon see that this BBC scam is just that.

A scam.

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 12:42 ----------

what other laws are you willing to boast about breaking?

I dont break any laws.

What an odd thing for you to say.

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 12:43 ----------

one day watching footy on tv knock on the door 3 coppers 2 from tvliercence office copper says we have a warrant to search your property to see if you have a tv couldnt believe my eyes 3 coppers to check for a tv yep took to court and a fine

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

If you don't want to pay it then don't watch live TV. Then it's all legal & they can't catch you watching live TV, because you're not. You wont really be missing much.

That's true- TV program quality is pretty low compared to all the stuff available online these days.

Also, bear in mind that it's completely legal to watch DVDs etc on a TV- as long as you're not watching programs as they are being broadcast, it's totally legal to own and use a TV.

Neither is being a mug who happily throws away £145 a year to a company, who, IMO, do not deserve it.

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 12:41 ----------

Any of the stupid ones- such as those demonising cannabis, or any other laws that cause more harm than good.

I've got zero problems critisising laws I disagree with.

critisise all you wish. just dont disobey them.

as soon as you do that your no different to those others who chose which law to follow and which to ignore.

Archived