TV LICENCE why should people pay when paying for Sky?

I have

And it isnt.

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

It costs £145.50 for colour and £49.00 for a black and white TV Licence.

If you have your antenna connected and are watching television as its broadcast, then you are breaking a law by not holding a valid tv licence.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's not a law :rolleyes:

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

It costs £145.50 for colour and £49.00 for a black and white TV Licence.

If you have your antenna connected and are watching television as its broadcast, then you are breaking a law by not holding a valid tv licence.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's not a law :rolleyes:

No antenna connected to my televisions.

OK, so it basically comes down to whether you have an antenna attached to the TV or not.

Antenna attached - no licence - breaking the law

No antenna attached - no licence required - not breaking the law.

I would have thought that for the vast majority of people, not having an antenna attached is not really an option!

I agree I don`t pay it and you also do not need one to watch BBC iplayer or anything like it.

Just refuse to confirm your name and they have to go away.

Exception: If you only watch catch-up services online, then you don’t need a licence. For example, you don’t need one to use BBC iPlayer, or ITV player, to catch up on programmes after they have been shown on TV.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology--devices-and-online-top8/

I can't believe it either- these threads are often contributed to by people working for TV licensing posting similar unlikely sounding tales of woe.

Really, how many people who work for the tv licensing authorities are likely to be active members of SF?

Here's a link of a TV licensing man and several police attempting to gain access to a house and failing to do so-

(Bear in mind that it's incredibly unlikely that police will actually turn up on your door to waste time on TV licensing matters).

Here's a collection of videos showing why there is no need to pay the TV licensing fee.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tv+licensing

I suppose that depends on how you define need. If you mean it's possible to get away with breaking the law, then no you don't 'need' to pay it.

Re the licences "inspectors" who come to your door saying they work for the BBC

They dont. They work for capita who pay the BBC a fee to collect monies under the banner or TVL. The money they collect goes to capita.

To be correct, Capita don't collect money for the BBC. They have the contract to collect it on behalf of the Government via the laws passed and set out in parliament which gave them the contract. That money then Goes to the Government to pass on to the BBC.

Not all of that money collected goes to the BBC.

Archived