Advice on buying and keeping gold.

Why on earth would you buy gold at the top of the market?

Do some research. Buy fine wine, or art, or antiques, or shares.

Whatever you do, don't buy whatever it is that everyone else is buying. That is how you lose your money.

And yet I and many other investors will continue to buy gold, lots of gold I tells ya.

Fine.

How much are you paying? I bought mine in 1998, you see:)

I've bought continually for years, will continue to do so. When you consider what has just happened in Cyprus as well, who the hell wants cash hanging around.

I've got to be honest, it's never crossed my mind to buy gold from someone on Sheffield Forum.

Fair enough. But if you want to buy, I have some to sell. Between us we could work out a price that benefits us both.

Cut out the middle man, you see. If you want a kilo, we could both be the best part of a grand up on the deal if we do things right.

Fair enough. But if you want to buy, I have some to sell. Between us we could work out a price that benefits us both.

Cut out the middle man, you see. If you want a kilo, we could both be the best part of a grand up on the deal if we do things right.

Oh I see!

I get it now. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm genuinely talking about actual gold, you know, the shiny stuff. i'm not using the word "gold" as a codeword for something else.

Sorry if I was sending out mixed signals there.

Good luck with your "gold sale" :D

Oh I see!

I get it now. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm genuinely talking about actual gold, you know, the shiny stuff. i'm not using the word "gold" as a codeword for something else.

Sorry if I was sending out mixed signals there.

Good luck with your "gold sale" :D

No. You are confused. I'm talking about real gold. Proper stuff. Aurum. 24K.

Not bling.

I do honestly think if you're considering turning your home into a vault then however tight lipped you are you need to be of a disposition to defend it. Off site insured storage is probably a lot easier on the mind for most people. If you do go down the on site route then have a plan to defend your hard earned, I wouldn't dream of it without a FAC and proficiency with the relevant firearms in home defence, which I do have but I keep my gold off site nonetheless as it has the potential to attract very ruthless sorts if it slips out.

If you have a FAC then you'll know that your firearms and ammo need to be locked in separate locations. They aren't going to be much use against a surprise intruder.

Archived