Advice on buying and keeping gold.

Thanks erebus. Have you used them yourself? What kind of % spread do they have?

Looks minimal...

$51,800 Buy

$51,920 Sell

About 0.25% I'm probably missing something (like insurance and storage fees?)...

Buying and selling gold and silver is as easy as clicking a mouse, once you have set up an account.

You can have the metal delivered to you.

You can buy it in any ampount you wish.

You can sell in any amount you wish.

It can be stored for you in a bank, which comes with a yearly charge, which is a percentage of what you have. It can even be stored in Switzerland if you wish, as opposed to London Vaults.

SO....if you wish to deal with genuine people, as opposed to being given something from the back of a shop, which just might not be 99.999% pure gold, but even gold plated steel, then Go to:

BULLION VAULT at http://www.bullionvault.com

My Bold=

Asian jewellers shops sell 24ct gold all day long, it wouldn't be in their interest to try and do you over, same with other jewellers shops as well.

Best to have the gold in your own posession however that may be rather than in some institutions vault somewhere where if a gold confiscation order was made it could be seized.

If you have a FAC then you'll know that your firearms and ammo need to be locked in separate locations. They aren't going to be much use against a surprise intruder.

Seperate, in that they are required to be in different safe's, that's how mine were stored anyhow.

Angel.

Seperate, in that they are required to be in different safe's, that's how mine were stored anyhow.

Angel.

Yes... I suppose they could be side by side, and if you were really foolish you could leave the keys in them. (That might be a breach of your license though).

So, probably not that much use if there's an intruder, unless both safes and both keys are in your bedroom when you hear someone breaking in.

---------- Post added 20-03-2013 at 09:22 ----------

shares are better options, they are cheap now

How incredibly vague. All shares, in all companies, in all sectors, all markets, all across the world?

My Bold=

Asian jewellers shops sell 24ct gold all day long, it wouldn't be in their interest to try and do you over, same with other jewellers shops as well.

Best to have the gold in your own posession however that may be rather than in some institutions vault somewhere where if a gold confiscation order was made it could be seized.

So the knowing one spouts the selling mantra, and how might an ordinary person know their newly lelted lump of gold was genuine 99.999% gold? If they sell horse meat as beef, and other meats, and that is the good regulated boys, might recessions not tempt some to add a smattering of silver, as who would know? As for official stamps, well Sheffield is an engineering city, and who would not make such a seel if the price was right?

If one the other hand you were suggesting buying formed gold as in jewelry, masculine of course, to suggest being a wealthy drugs dealer, then again how would YOU verify it was genuine.

I realise its ancient physics, but do you?

Why on earth would you buy gold at the top of the market?

Do some research. Buy fine wine, or art, or antiques, or shares.

Whatever you do, don't buy whatever it is that everyone else is buying. That is how you lose your money.

I would trust gold everytime, and believe the price must start to rise soon as it is being manipulated artificially to hold the price down.

The problem with Fine wine ,art ,antiques and shares,is that there are too many scams and inside dealing.

We were recently scammed by one of the many unscrupulous wine dealers around.

Thanks erebus. Have you used them yourself? What kind of % spread do they have?

Looks minimal...

$51,800 Buy

$51,920 Sell

About 0.25% I'm probably missing something (like insurance and storage fees?)...

No problem Wald.... oh hang on you didn't thank me for the details I passed on :mad:

So the knowing one spouts the selling mantra, and how might an ordinary person know their newly lelted lump of gold was genuine 99.999% gold? If they sell horse meat as beef, and other meats, and that is the good regulated boys, might recessions not tempt some to add a smattering of silver, as who would know? As for official stamps, well Sheffield is an engineering city, and who would not make such a seel if the price was right?

If one the other hand you were suggesting buying formed gold as in jewelry, masculine of course, to suggest being a wealthy drugs dealer, then again how would YOU verify it was genuine.

I realise its ancient physics, but do you?

Gold bars come with assay stamps but just to be sure you can always take it to the sheffield assay office to have it x-rayed as there has been a case of a tungsten rod filled solid gold bar.

• 4 weeks later...
I would trust gold everytime, and believe the price must start to rise soon as it is being manipulated artificially to hold the price down.

The problem with Fine wine ,art ,antiques and shares,is that there are too many scams and inside dealing.

We were recently scammed by one of the many unscrupulous wine dealers around.

Not very good advice from you there I'm afraid gold has lost around 20% of it's value since Friday.

Archived