Advice on buying and keeping gold.

Not very good advice from you there I'm afraid gold has lost around 20% of it's value since Friday.

This is worth read, he reckons it's worth hanging onto.

At the end of the day gold is always going to be worth something no matter what, you just have to roll with the flow and hope for the best, people have opinions but no-one can see into the future.

Good luck

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 19:31 ----------

Houses next?

I'd say good and about time too if it wasn't the fact that mortgage debt is the only thing left keep us afloat.

So scary times are coming I fear.

This is worth read, he reckons it's worth hanging onto.

At the end of the day gold is always going to be worth something no matter what, you just have to roll with the flow and hope for the best, people have opinions but no-one can see into the future.

Most things are worth "something" at the end of the day.

That's not a good basis for making an investment though is it.

Depends. Gold has always held some kind of value. Apart from other precious metals what else has?

Not very good advice from you there I'm afraid gold has lost around 20% of it's value since Friday.
So what?.............you obviously have not much idea how markets work, it could double by this time next year.............certainly now is the time to buy gold while property prices are being held up artificially.

Taken a hit hasn't it. Just seen it on the news.

Houses next?

I think I saw on the news just a couple of days ago that the housing market is beginning to pick up. Maybe the slide in gold is a good sign, it's a commodity people put their money into in stormy times, seen as safe.

I don't know why gold is on the slide, maybe more people are turning it back into cash to invest in real things, companies, buildings, capital projects etc.

Depends. Gold has always held some kind of value. Apart from other precious metals what else has?

The thing humans have fought over since time immemorial......land.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 19:49 ----------

So what?.............you obviously have not much idea how markets work, it could double by this time next year.............certainly now is the time to buy gold while property prices are being held up artificially.

Or everyone could decide gold is actually fairly uselss as anything other than a counductor of electricity whilst houses, energy and food fulfill much needed functions for human beings.

The thing humans have fought over since time immemorial......land.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 19:49 ----------

Or everyone could decide gold is actually fairly uselss as anything other than a counductor of electricity whilst houses, energy and food fulfill much needed functions for human beings.

Mmmm!................but all those things have to be bought with some kind of exchange mechanism,and governments know they can manipulate the price of paper money more than they can gold which was the original exchange mechanism and the one that I would ultimately trust against any fiat currency.

Gold will ultimately deliver! the current price is a blip.The greenback might be the worlds reserve currency,that may be because they hold the worlds largest gold reserves by far.

What is a good basis for making an investment, gold is a pretty safe bet companies can go bust, currencies can crash and no-one knows what the future holds.

Archived