Advice on buying and keeping gold.

. Recently the BRICKS have decided not to play by western banking rules, starting their own banking system, and currency in opposition to the dollar.

It is BRICS, and they haven't started their own currency and haven't reached agreement on a reserve bank.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-27/brics-approve-currency-fund-as-bank-start-up-stalls.html

Wild ambiguity, sounds like somewhere between a recipe for disaster and a cop out to me.

Can you be more specific so's we can take advantage of your apparent expertise?

I wasn't claiming to be any kind of expert.

But if you are, feel free to correct my "wild" ambiguities.

Just one of many links saying the same thing!

OK so you don,t think the that the gold price is being manipulated,or why would you post?...................can you advise us to the contrary,links or otherwise.

I have got no idea if the price of gold is being manipulated or not my point is that if a statement is as definitive as "The price of gold is being manipulated" then backed up by a link to an article written by a publication that has a very biased viewpoint against The Federal bank should be in the interest of balance should be qualified with a statement to that affect.

So what?.............you obviously have not much idea how markets work, it could double by this time next year.............certainly now is the time to buy gold while property prices are being held up artificially.

Hahahaha You tell everyone to get their money into gold and it takes a massive dip then you tell me I have not got much idea how the markets work.

Lets put it this way gold has dropped as much as 20% this last week and in 2011 gold hit 1895 dollars it was 1340 dolars this week 1395 as we speak, that woud suggest your advice last week since when gold has crashed was very poor advice.....To make it simple for every 15550 dollars someone invested on your advice last week they would have been 2000 dollars down in a couple of days....Don't give up your day job.:hihi::hihi:

A lot of people now will have to tough it out and wait a long time before gold hits the highs 2011 again and you say gold could double by this time next year, well Martians could land in the wicker and that's about the same odds of it happening.

Woudn't it been a lot more honourable for your reply to just have said "oh yes I got that one wrong"?

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 10:07 ----------

Indian domestic purchasing is one of the largest market drivers, but the Indian government has started heavily taxing gold being bought into the country.

We can check your figures at the end of the year.

There was a rush on gold imported into India in January with importers buying before the expected tax increase in February.

However this tax increase never happened with the government announcing on February the 28th that they had decided not to impose it.

Hahahaha You tell everyone to get their money into gold and it takes a massive dip then you tell me I have not got much idea how the markets work.

Lets put it this way gold has dropped as much as 20% this last week and in 2011 gold hit 1895 dollars it was 1340 dolars this week 1395 as we speak, that woud suggest your advice last week since when gold has crashed was very poor advice.....To make it simple for every 15550 dollars someone invested on your advice last week they would have been 2000 dollars down in a couple of days....Don't give up your day job.:hihi::hihi:

A lot of people now will have to tough it out and wait a long time before gold hits the highs 2011 again and you say gold could double by this time next year, well Martians could land in the wicker and that's about the same odds of it happening.

Woudn't it been a lot more honourable for your reply to just have said "oh yes I got that one wrong"?

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 10:07 ----------

There was a rush on gold imported into India in January with importers buying before the expected tax increase in February.

However this tax increase never happened with the government announcing on February the 28th that they had decided not to impose it.

What an ill thought out reply!..................if I were you I would wait to see what the gold price is this time next year! dips come and go as with all markets

Your post obviously tells us you know little of how things work in the greater picture.Trust me your post will look foolish before too long.

What an ill thought out reply!..................if I were you I would wait to see what the gold price is this time next year! dips come and go as with all markets

Your post obviously tells us you know little of how things work in the greater picture.Trust me your post will look foolish before too long.

My post can look no more foolish in a years time than yours telling people to invest in gold and then it takes a 20% hit that surely proves beyond doubt how little you know or are you saying your greater picture involves losing thousands of pound to start with?

I hope gold does go up and up and the higher the better because I have substantial investment in it but at the time when you told people to invest it had been on the slide for over two years from it's high of 1895 and the fact that it has crashed by record amounts since your advice to buy proves it was bad advice at that time.

No way this year up until last week would I advise anyone to buy gold, however the day before yesterday I did invest some more at £896 an ounce in the hope that it has bottomed out and will have a gradual rise, much better than the £1054 it was when you advised people to buy.....

I'm glad I don't know what I am talking about :roll::roll::hihi::hihi:

By the way gold is at £913 as we speak.

My post can look no more foolish in a years time than yours telling people to invest in gold and then it takes a 20% hit that surely proves beyond doubt how little you know or are you saying your greater picture involves losing thousands of pound to start with?

I hope gold does go up and up and the higher the better because I have substantial investment in it but at the time when you told people to invest it had been on the slide for over two years from it's high of 1895 and the fact that it has crashed by record amounts since your advice to buy proves it was bad advice at that time.

No way this year up until last week would I advise anyone to buy gold, however the day before yesterday I did invest some more at £896 an ounce in the hope that it has bottomed out and will have a gradual rise, much better than the £1054 it was when you advised people to buy.....

I'm glad I don't know what I am talking about :roll::roll::hihi::hihi:

By the way gold is at £913 as we speak.

So you Hope/Bet that gold will rise from here, you will look a fool if it dips further!.................there are people who have made fortunes buying and selling/spread betting gold from the beginning of this year,that is a lot of the cause of the volatility in the gold price.You are obviously not one of them as you would not advise buying this year.

As stated I don't think you know the bigger picture of what is going on,profits from gold can be made when the gold price goes down as well as up for your information

So you Hope/Bet that gold will rise from here, you will look a fool if it dips further!.................there are people who have made fortunes buying and selling/spread betting gold from the beginning of this year,that is a lot of the cause of the volatility in the gold price.You are obviously not one of them as you would not advise buying this year.

As stated I don't think you know the bigger picture of what is going on,profits from gold can be made when the gold price goes down as well as up for your information

You call me a fool but you gave the foolish advice.:roll::roll:.

I don't bother with the short term spread betting but this year on your advice if I had I would be out of pocket, you want to make your mind up and state wether or not you are talking long term investment or short term gambling you previously told people to buy gold at £1054 and it went to under £900.

YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT I WILL LOOK A FOOL IF GOLD DROPS FURTHER NOW I HAVE INVESTED AT 896 BUT YOU ARE AGUEING WITH ME FOR SAYING YOUR ADVICE TO BUY AT 1054 WAS POOR ADVICE.

PLEASE TELL ME THE LOGIC IN THAT.:loopy:.

Archived