Advice on buying and keeping gold.

What an ill thought out reply!..................if I were you I would wait to see what the gold price is this time next year! dips come and go as with all markets

Your post obviously tells us you know little of how things work in the greater picture.Trust me your post will look foolish before too long.

I suspect gold prices will continue to fall, especially if countries such as Spain and Italy go ahead with mass sales of their reserves.

China is wating to buy up any gold from any country, the more the better, as are other BRICs countries.

Gold is falling not because ther is a glut of it, in fact the opposite, as price falls stop mining the stuff. Its the banks silly! For every ounce ther is a ton of paper speculations and with Cyprus they want to turn the pape into material gold, hence the paper sale so the banks, can spend less capital to give their clients their gold.

You call me a fool but you gave the foolish advice.:roll::roll:.

I don't bother with the short term spread betting but this year on your advice if I had I would be out of pocket, you want to make your mind up and state wether or not you are talking long term investment or short term gambling you previously told people to buy gold at £1054 and it went to under £900.

YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT I WILL LOOK A FOOL IF GOLD DROPS FURTHER NOW I HAVE INVESTED AT 896 BUT YOU ARE AGUEING WITH ME FOR SAYING YOUR ADVICE TO BUY AT 1054 WAS POOR ADVICE.

PLEASE TELL ME THE LOGIC IN THAT.:loopy:.

I never called you a fool!.....If you had bothered with spread betting gold this year you could be much richer.........but probably in your case as admitted, much poorer.......I never told people to buy at £1050........I just told people that gold will be a good investment........and it will be,you are currently betting on it!

Look!..........you are trying to punch well beyond your weight..........and I need a beer,........Go away!

I just told people that gold will be a good investment........and it will be

I wholeheartedly agree. I wil continue to buy gold and will always hold a % of my investment funds in gold. Prices rise and fall, but the power of gold is far more than just it's particular value at any moment in time. It may one day be the only thing with any value and if that time comes, I'm going to be ready.

You call me a fool but you gave the foolish advice.:roll::roll:.

I don't bother with the short term spread betting but this year on your advice if I had I would be out of pocket, you want to make your mind up and state wether or not you are talking long term investment or short term gambling you previously told people to buy gold at £1054 and it went to under £900.

YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT I WILL LOOK A FOOL IF GOLD DROPS FURTHER NOW I HAVE INVESTED AT 896 BUT YOU ARE AGUEING WITH ME FOR SAYING YOUR ADVICE TO BUY AT 1054 WAS POOR ADVICE.

PLEASE TELL ME THE LOGIC IN THAT.:loopy:.

You seem to have got the simplistic wrong end of the stick, 3x6 in your spate with Oh Carol if I may say so.It does not matter about the price drop of Gold in the short term,it is where it will be in the future.I don't go personally for the theory that the gold bull market is finished.That is just propaganda from the likes of "Da Boyz" at JP Morgan, The Fed and other colluding banks,to shake out the gold from the amateurs then raise the price.Gold will always ultimately outshine paper money although governments will do their best to do gold down at times.Governments hate the people owning gold as they cannot control it like they can fiat money(although they are having a darn good try at the moment.

Ultimately they will fail, and gold will shine through as the worlds true exchange currency. The greenback is only the worlds reserve currency because it is backed by the the worlds largest gold reserves.China is on a mission to redress the balance ................watch this space."Oh Carols" advice may well be worth considering.

You seem to have got the simplistic wrong end of the stick, 3x6 in your spate with Oh Carol if I may say so.It does not matter about the price drop of Gold in the short term,it is where it will be in the future.I don't go personally for the theory that the gold bull market is finished.That is just propaganda from the likes of "Da Boyz" at JP Morgan, The Fed and other colluding banks,to shake out the gold from the amateurs then raise the price.Gold will always ultimately outshine paper money although governments will do their best to do gold down at times.Governments hate the people owning gold as they cannot control it like they can fiat money(although they are having a darn good try at the moment.

Ultimately they will fail, and gold will shine through as the worlds true exchange currency. The greenback is only the worlds reserve currency because it is backed by the the worlds largest gold reserves.China is on a mission to redress the balance ................watch this space."Oh Carols" advice may well be worth considering.

Carol advised people to buy gold and it dropped 20% so the timing of that advice was poor......

I agree about long term investing admitting doing it myself and then Carol changed her mind and tried to mock me for that and going on about spread betting.

Carols advice was very poor at best as gold now has a long way to go just to break even due to the gold crash this week, if I had told people to invest in something a few days before it bombed out I would be saying "oh I got that wrong bad timing sorry" not slagging others who thought better of it and claim they don't have a clue.

Nutshell. Carols advice was wrong at the time it was given for anyone who took that advice.

We all make mistakes and I am gutted what has happened with gold but it's not the first time my investments have bombed but luckily this time my losses are only on profit made due to the years I have been involved with gold. I can remember taking financial advice over twenty years ago and shortly after investing £18,000 it was worth £12,000 in a matter of weeks and the mortgage rate hit 15% while I was laid on a beach in Portugal.

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 19:51 ----------

I never called you a fool!.....If you had bothered with spread betting gold this year you could be much richer.........but probably in your case as admitted, much poorer.......I never told people to buy at £1050........I just told people that gold will be a good investment........and it will be,you are currently betting on it!

Look!..........you are trying to punch well beyond your weight..........and I need a beer,........Go away!

:hihi::hihi: I'm punching from over £160 an ounce better off than anyone who took notice of your advice how many beers had you had then.

Gold may well be a good investment I hope it is but it won't be as good for people who listened to you.

Spread betting in anything is no different to any other kind of gambling in my opinion and I would rather not bother.

By the way I first started dealing in gold during the miners strike many years ago when it was at £240 an ounce and made plenty out if then.

Did you know that in 1980 gold was 615 dollars and then bombed out and it took 27 years just to get back to that price?

Carol advised people to buy gold and it dropped 20% so the timing of that advice was poor......

I agree about long term investing admitting doing it myself and then Carol changed her mind and tried to mock me for that and going on about spread betting.

Carols advice was very poor at best as gold now has a long way to go just to break even due to the gold crash this week, if I had told people to invest in something a few days before it bombed out I would be saying "oh I got that wrong bad timing sorry" not slagging others who thought better of it and claim they don't have a clue.

Nutshell. Carols advice was wrong at the time it was given for anyone who took that advice.

We all make mistakes and I am gutted what has happened with gold but it's not the first time my investments have bombed but luckily this time my losses are only on profit made due to the years I have been involved with gold. I can remember taking financial advice over twenty years ago and shortly after investing £18,000 it was worth £12,000 in a matter of weeks and the mortgage rate hit 15% while I was laid on a beach in Portugal.

[/b]

:hihi::hihi: I'm punching from over £160 an ounce better off than anyone who took notice of your advice how many beers had you had then.

Gold may well be a good investment I hope it is but it won't be as good for people who listened to you.

Spread betting in anything is no different to any other kind of gambling in my opinion and I would rather not bother.

By the way I first started dealing in gold during the miners strike many years ago when it was at £240 an ounce and made plenty out if then.

Did you know that in 1980 gold was 615 dollars and then bombed out and it took 27 years just to get back to that price?

"Spread betting in anything is no different to any other kind of gambling in my opinion and I would rather not bother."..................and yet you have just gambled your money on some more gold!.......................you really are punching above your weight, you are like like a bulldog with an old slipper ......give it a rest go for a beer.

"Spread betting in anything is no different to any other kind of gambling in my opinion and I would rather not bother."..................and yet you have just gambled your money on some more gold!.......................you really are punching above your weight, you are like like a bulldog with an old slipper ......give it a rest go for a beer.

And you give people bad advice.:hihi::hihi:.

First you talk about long term investment then you twirl to spread betting.

How long is your long term forecast for? Gold between 1981 and 2007 would not have made you a penny so how do you know it will fare any better in the next 26 years?

Gold up until 1968 was a stable official price only rising in price four times in 200 years until 1968 when the market price was left free to fluctuate. The price of gold 5 years ago was near enough the same as it was in 1981 and in the last five years gold has near enough doubled, perhaps it is levelling out now like a lot predicted it would do.

You keep saying I am punching above my weight but give no evidence to prove it you'd rather just repeat yourself with silly quotes.

[/b]

" I'm punching from over £160 an ounce better off than anyone who took notice of your advice"

I don't get the maths of your statement to Oh Carol

And you give people bad advice.:hihi::hihi:.

First you talk about long term investment then you twirl to spread betting.

Well good advice would be for you to pack it in before you submerge completely below water with your parochial arguments(arguments spelt correctly note).

Archived