Sky want to charge for a router

:help: i was wondering if anyone had the same problem i been signed up with sky 3 years now and been a loyal cutomer they gave me a sagem router and for some reason its not picking wireless up rang them and they wanna charge me 37 pound for another dont think its really fair

:help: i was wondering if anyone had the same problem i been signed up with sky 3 years now and been a loyal cutomer they gave me a sagem router and for some reason its not picking wireless up rang them and they wanna charge me 37 pound for another dont think its really fair

I had the same problem, when they asked me to pay for a new router, I told them to put me through to their cancellations team. When I spoke to them, they sent me a new router for free. If they let you cancel, just resign up in a few weeks and receive your free router.

I had the same problem, when they asked me to pay for a new router, I told them to put me through to their cancellations team. When I spoke to them, they sent me a new router for free. If they let you cancel, just resign up in a few weeks and receive your free router.

And all the other freebies they entice new customers with ;)

I'd leave on a matter of principle if the cancellations team didn't send out a free router. Yes, it would mean losing TV, phone and broadband services, but they have had my custom for 15 years and I don't see why I should be penalised when new customers get one for free- and I'd have 30 days to get the phone and broadband organised once the notice is given before service is lost.

I love it when people come out with "it's scandalous that I have to pay for a REPLACEMENT when new customer get it for free" argument.

You've already had your free one when you first signed up. New customers are only getting what you got.

The equipment is a GIFT to be able to use the service, it's not rented or under any extended servicing warranty. Once's it's manufacturer warranty is expired, that's it, you're on your own.

I await a new thread in 6 months time by the OP complaining about how Sky have put up their prices, to cover the costs of those free routers they sending out to those that seem to think they're entitled to free stuff.

Sorry, but if I have paid them for a service for a number of years then they are making a profit from me as a customer. If they can afford to give a router away to a new customer with only a year's commitment then why can they not afford to do the same when mine breaks after, for example, 5 or 6 years?

Talk-Talk have just sent me a new wireless router, sent me the offer out of the blue and I just had to confirm online. Arrived 3 days later and it's faster than my present one. I'm just on their basic tariff.

Edit: Didn't have one originally though, just their wired one.

Sorry, but if I have paid them for a service for a number of years then they are making a profit from me as a customer. If they can afford to give a router away to a new customer with only a year's commitment then why can they not afford to do the same when mine breaks after, for example, 5 or 6 years?

Petrol companies make profit out of me filling my tank, does that mean I'm entitled to a free fill up?

Archived