Tv shops in the 60s and 70s

Bunker&Pratley in [hole in road] .great place for tellys . family firm great service always friendly.

Bought my first colour set from them in 1976 cost £100-00 a fortune then it lasted about three years and caught fire.After having our fingers burned ( not literally) we rented for years after that.

Bunker & Pratley yes they had load of them in the window we use to get off the football special on way from hillsborough and rush down the hole in the road to see the football scores massive crowd use to gather out side their window then rush down to pond street to catch the bus home.

I worked for a while for Wigfalls on their Colour TV department at Mowbray St, returning repaired sets and setting them up. Used to have a Bedford CF van which had their Wigfalls Colour TV lettering on the side ... everywhere you went somebody approached you moaning about how they had been treat by Wiggy's, got a pain in the arse after a bit. Eventually I ended up with a unlettered red one which was far better as I remained anonymous!!!

my Dad had a couple of shops in the 50s & 60s.BARRONS First one at Firth Park in 1952. Downstairs he had his 'Television Theatre' Loads of big TVs all switched on. Got the idea from the Radio Show in London. He opened a second in the early 60s in Gleadless. He sold up in the late 60s. At the time he was selling a 19" duel standard ( meant by pushing a knob you could change to 625 lines and BBC2) for 100gns. That was about 10 weeks wages.

my Dad had a couple of shops in the 50s & 60s.BARRONS First one at Firth Park in 1952. Downstairs he had his 'Television Theatre' Loads of big TVs all switched on. Got the idea from the Radio Show in London. He opened a second in the early 60s in Gleadless. He sold up in the late 60s. At the time he was selling a 19" duel standard ( meant by pushing a knob you could change to 625 lines and BBC2) for 100gns. That was about 10 weeks wages.

I remember the shop at town end, and Dobsons TV was on the opposite side of the Red Lion if I remember correctly. Are you Keiths brother or sister?.

• 1 year later...
Who can remember the Family tv and radio shops where you got good service.:confused:
Ya I know what cha mean mate!!!!!

Cant find much good service FOR ANYTHING these days............ Its really sad,people do not care TO KEEP BETTER/OLDER STUFF GOING,they tell you to get a new one....

Well some of us DO NOT WANT THIS TRASH THEY OFFER NOW!!