Manor the good old days

daggee

any manor lads who went in steel inn from 1977 onwards.

Yep,steel inn regular from 77/78 onwards,also played footy for them.lots of memories from that time.The steel was a meeting place/starting point for a large group of us who would then get on the no 92 to town and straight into Claymore for a newcie brown.happy days:hihi:

Yep,steel inn regular from 77/78 onwards,also played footy for them.lots of memories from that time.The steel was a meeting place/starting point for a large group of us who would then get on the no 92 to town and straight into Claymore for a newcie brown.happy days:hihi:

"PROPER" Manor lads eh?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

My nephews Mick and Steve Rooker were long time drinkers at the Steel.

John the landlord who later took on the Jordanthorpe was a ex bus driver, and when my youngest lad got married he hired us a bus and drove the guests from the church to the reception.

Happy days..............

"PROPER" Manor lads eh?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

My nephews Mick and Steve Rooker were long time drinkers at the Steel.

John the landlord who later took on the Jordanthorpe was a ex bus driver, and when my youngest lad got married he hired us a bus and drove the guests from the church to the reception.

Happy days..............

I know mick and steve well,went with steve to benidorm along with 50 other manor lads the other year.benidorm didn't know what had hit them:hihi::hihi:

was that wi mick rooker and kieth broughton etc

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 19:32 ----------

ha answerd mi question dint see other message.good race for that 92 when ya could see it coming along harbro avenue lol

was that wi mick rooker and kieth broughton etc

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 19:32 ----------

ha answerd mi question dint see other message.good race for that 92 when ya could see it coming along harbro avenue lol

I used to feel sorry for the people already on the bus,watching a load of lads running out of steel to get on the bus,you could see the colour draining from their faces,not that we were loud or rowdy:roll::roll:

I used to feel sorry for the people already on the bus,watching a load of lads running out of steel to get on the bus,you could see the colour draining from their faces,not that we were loud or rowdy:roll::roll:

haha good old days talkin to martin hadi ,tony hadi,s brother he told me bout this site .

haha good old days talkin to martin hadi ,tony hadi,s brother he told me bout this site .

The thing i love about the steel lads is,whenever there is an occasion such as a birthday,you can guarantee everyone will turn up,even if we haven't been in touch for a while,and once we are together,it's just like the 80's again(including the bad hair,bad clothes etc.):hihi::hihi:

ps Is daggee your nickname and if it is are your initials DD

Archived