Exercise Partner

I love walking in the countryside.

Try joining the geocaching website.

http://www.geocaching.com/

It gives a purpose to the walk....something to find.

I use the website and have visited areas I wouldn't have otherwise visited.

If you really get hooked you can join local geocaching groups and meet others with the same interest.

Hello, am looking to increase my fitness and lose some weight, so are there any people round S12 who would mind going for runs or walks?

Nice try, but I understand that if you want to get fit and lose weight you have to do the exercise yourself.:hihi:

Are there any decent places to walk in S12, the nearest place I've found is Rother valley

im new here so i dont know the postcode but i walked through the bath spa area just off occupation lane and crossed the road into shirebrook valley, lots of paths going in all directions and a nice long walk

Shame on me really, never been down to the Birley Spa. One thing I've noticed about this side of town is that there are no 'proper' parks just green spaces.

the spa area itself isnt very big and you could walk around it in 10 mins, but the valley is just across the road and seemingly goes on for miles lol is it very far from you then? iv no concept of distance from one postcode to another up here yet

Its not very far the Spa, probably a mile away.

its only 10 mins from me in the car , iv been twice with the dogs but id have to say i dont like to really go by myself as it is a large area, not completely sure where i am and feel a little vulnerable walking alone there simply because both times iv been iv barely seen anyone else, having said this though i enjoyed the walk there, just would be nicer with someone to walk with

Archived