PITA Bankers, can't live without them

Which do you think is the most businesslike bank  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the most businesslike bank

• A famous Far Eastern Bank
    • A Horsey bank
    • A blue Eagle Bank
    • Another bank owned by the British public

I am just starting a new business. One of the first tasks is to establish a company bank account. This is probably the most stressful part of the whole process. I tried all last week to choose a bank. Here is just one of the stories.

I call a well known high street bank that has a head office in the far east. I was considering them because I will have to pay my supplier in US funds. After a few days no one had called me back, this is fairly typical of most of the banks, I think it is too much trouble for them to get new business. Finally I called them again (now for the third time) The pleasant young lady that answered took all my details again and then asked how many shareholders. Three I said. Are they all in the UK. Well actually no one shareholder has 10% and is in Taiwan. Large drawing of breath....oh sorry he would have to come into a UK branch to identify himself. I asked her to check this point with her boss. She comes back and says no matter if they only have 1% they have to do this. Angry I said goodbye.

Then after some thought I called back and surprisingly got the same girl. Oh it's you Mr Bytchy. Yes I said...let me see now so if I am a shareholder of say Microsoft and they bank with you I have to go to a bank in the UK and identify myself........silence...hmm she says I wil ask my boss again. "Oh sorry it's 25%" Gahhh! and this is just the beginning.

Bytchy

So one member of staff made a mistake? Easily done.

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 23:55 ----------

Your poll has several options missing.

Would it be that everything else was hunky dory, however this is just a small example of the pain associated with dealing with British banks. Somehow they have carved an inverted customer supplier niche. Have you not noticed how they are doing us a favour by allowing us to do business with them. The position is always "We will decide if we will allow you to be our customer". :mad:

Bytchy

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 00:04 ----------

I don't think they are thieves particularly, they just have a very superior attitude. If they were plasterers, or gas engineers, they wouldn't be in business. Customer service is just some concept to make their websites look good!

Archived