What things are you old enough to remember?

My infant school used to have annual summer trips to Millhouses lido. I distinctly remember bobbing about amongst the dead ladybirds and bits of twigs and leaves around these hexagonal concrete things.

When were that then? because when I went there in 50 and 60s the paddling pools were oblong and had no as you put it hexagonal things. The had water running in at one end, three pools separated by railings and the water ran into the stream at the other end

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 18:30 ----------

I remember when I first started school back in 1898 , !!!!!. asking Mum what "sex" was . Mum looked at me with a right look on her face & thought , what on earth are they teaching her at Manor Lane Infant School . When she asked me what I meant , I said my friend has them in her shoe heels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The look of relief on Mums face must have been priceless ! , she thought she was going to have to get Janet & John books out . I meant segs , Is that how you spell it ! . I said I wanted some in my heels because they made your shoe heels click :hihi:

Blimey wot war skoyl like under Queen Victoria?:D

[/b]

The Minnesota Vikings are playing against the Pittsburgh Steelers today at Wembley

I've been a Steelers fan for a long time, along with the Packers, but my Patriots are the best. A few minutes ago they won against Atlanta in a cliff hanger by seven. Superbowl again this season, fer sure.:hihi:

I've been a Steelers fan for a long time, along with the Packers, but my Patriots are the best. A few minutes ago they won against Atlanta in a cliff hanger by seven. Superbowl again this season, fer sure.:hihi:

Our son went down to San Diego today to see his beloved Dallas Cowboys play the Chargers (my team). The Cowboys lost. I'll wait a few days before I call him :D

When were that then? because when I went there in 50 and 60s the paddling pools were oblong and had no as you put it hexagonal things. The had water running in at one end, three pools separated by railings and the water ran into the stream at the other end

1977ish. The photo in my post is from 1970.

I'm referring to the lido, though, not the paddling pools. I remember the Millhouses paddling pools being as you describe them.

outside of family and basic consumerist stuff which were in the UK before the age of 5, my first political memory was the 1976 Rebublican Convention that I now know took place in Kansas City, although I wasn't aware of that at the time. The one where Reagan gave President Ford a run for his money and nearly won the nomination. For me it was so exiting. My parents observed my interest and let me stay up late, to watch it. I watched it on a television set in Binghamton, New York aged 7.

The Moor being a major bus route.

Hole in road.

Fountain on Fargate and one near rail station.

Roundabout at manor top.

Sheaf valley baths.

Lido at millhouses.

Unlocked doors.

Going to school in knee deep snow.

Birds in botanical gardens.

Smoking room in school.

Metal dustbins that you didn't have to leave on kerb.

Chopper bike.

Plastic clip on thingy on bread.

Rebels.

Limit.

Hornblower pub.

Ring pull that came away from cans.

Underground passage that ran along side SHU.

Bus conductors.

Bus exit with no doors at the rear.

Bendy buses.

Edited by John

• 2 weeks later...