What things are you old enough to remember?

My grandad used to like calf's brains,never heard of eating pigs brains but he used to say that you could use every bit of a pig except the oink! He also lioked cows heels and we regularly had pigs trotters.Used to love them but we had some a few weeks ago (for old times sake!) and they were revolting!

Mint Cracknel bars

Amazin Raisin bars and Bar 6 as well !

Top Rank on Saturday mornin , the kiosk on Pond Street , Pond Street Norah , Sexy Rexy shop , Chelsea Girl ,Tramps on King St, Sheaf Market upstairs cafe and Granellis stall downstairs

Revolution record shop on gallery in Haymarket , photo booth (4 photos for 10 pence )

Fiesta , Baileys then Romeos , Crazy Daizy and Scamps , Genevieve , Faces , Steelys

The fag and chocolate machine in Pond St

That map of Sheff on Pond St where you pressed buttons and places lit up !

Wimpy bars

Cafe in Woolworths ( many a day spent there waggin school )

Millhouses park and Lido

Mary Mungo and Midge

Woodentops

Hectors House

Double Deckers

Land Of The Giants

The Tomorrow People

Magpie

Blue Peter

Love Thy Neighbour

The likely Lads

Bless This House

The Liver Birds

Within These Walls

Dixon Of Dock Green

Randall and Hopkirk (deceased )

Z Cars

Softly Softly Task Force

Hawaii 5-0

Crossroads

You can't leave out "Emergency ward 10" - as a youngster I had to have my tonsil's out and was in Ward 10, of course I put the two together and was sure I was going to die.

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 16:22 ----------

Our local bobby on the beat,

Saturday morning at the pictures 6d down stairs 9d upstairs, we spent the morning with William Tell, and Robin Hood (was it Lorne Green 1915 - 1987)

The rag and bone man and his horse and cart - Balloon or a gold fish if you gave him enough stuff.

Farmer Lloyd kept his cows in the field opposite our house, we woke one morning to find his cows in our and everybody's Garden, me and three friend started to round them up and chase them back into the field when Farmer Lloyd turned up, when they were all safe and back in the field old Lloyd gave use 2'6d between the 4 of us, It was the worse thing he could have done. I was 9 or 10 at the time, and never knew the cows escape before, but you bet, they escaped once a month from that day onwards.

You can't leave out "Emergency ward 10" - as a youngster I had to have my tonsil's out and was in Ward 10, of course I put the two together and was sure I was going to die.

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 16:22 ----------

Our local bobby on the beat,

Saturday morning at the pictures 6d down stairs 9d upstairs, we spent the morning with William Tell, and Robin Hood (was it Lorne Green 1915 - 1987)

The rag and bone man and his horse and cart - Balloon or a gold fish if you gave him enough stuff.

Farmer Lloyd kept his cows in the field opposite our house, we woke one morning to find his cows in our and everybody's Garden, me and three friend started to round them up and chase them back into the field when Farmer Lloyd turned up, when they were all safe and back in the field old Lloyd gave use 2'6d between the 4 of us, It was the worse thing he could have done. I was 9 or 10 at the time, and never knew the cows escape before, but you bet, they escaped once a month from that day onwards.

Lorne Greene was Bert Carpenter in Bonanza-you are thinking of Richard"TrickyDicky"Green,an English actor.Lorne Green,was a yankee.

Remember when the telly had a plug and an arial....the phone had a small plug that went in a socket thing in the corner....and that was it. Now they have loads of sockets and boxes and bits and bobs that take up the room and then there's the millions of channels that you hardly ever watch unless you're just flicking through.........:rant::huh::roll:

I remember when people didn't walk around with wires hanging from their ears or huge headphones on, listening to music. I remember when they weren't holding a mobile phone in their hand and texting, but looked where they were going and were able to speak back to you if you said "Good Morning".

I remember when we didn't copy the way that American's speak and think that it was "cool". I remember when it was very rude to use four letter swear words in public and was the sign of a poorly raised person with no standards. I remember when you could watch a TV comedian and them not swear at all and still be funny.

I remember when it was considered low-lifed and even disgraceful to have children outside of marriage, and when marriage itself was considered a committment for life and something that happened between a man and a woman.

It's good that some of these things have changed - but not all.

Remember when the telly had a plug and an arial....the phone had a small plug that went in a socket thing in the corner....and that was it. Now they have loads of sockets and boxes and bits and bobs that take up the room and then there's the millions of channels that you hardly ever watch unless you're just flicking through.........:rant::huh::roll:

Isnt arial a font used in printing?Over the years it has gained an e becoming an aerial.

I must have been no more than 3-4 years old but still remember trucks full of German POWS going through the town center on their way to the prison camp out in Lodgemoor.

Still remember the German POWs who worked on the new roads on Parson Cross estate

Eeeh lad ! Now tha's taking thee back an' all