Car insurance quotes

What's a IN10?

Driving without insureance. It happened around June 4 years ago, I havnt had a car since then. But my no claims discount might run out too.

Not sure if/when I might get a car, but when I got an online quote a few weeks ago it was over £1000. I am not sure about how much bo claims bonus I have, can they tell you?

Doubt you have any NCB, you have to have continuous insurance, small gaps are OK but not 4 years. Also yes you have to tell your insurance about the IN10 because they have asked for it. If you don't tell them you are not insured.

Correct, you must tell them. You will be penalised for it but since it was nearly 5 years ago, not by too much. The reason why you have to declare for 5 years is because you will have paid a fine and it's to do with the rehabilitation of offenders act. The DVLA saying you can remove points after 4 years is a bit confusing but that's just the way it is. I have about 9 points on my license, all expired and past the 5 years because I refuse to pay to have them removed. I don't have to tell the insurance company about them.

Archived