Anyone put drop down exhaust tips on a Golf Tdi ?

Just got myself a new rear valance for the car ( old one has punctures in it from the other owner ) at the right price of £15. The new one has factory cut out for exhaust to poke out but the back box outlets point down and not outwards towards rear, didn't realise till I got it :huh:

So I've managed to find a UK product that bolts on which turn downwards TDi pipes into straight pipes to poke out like modern golfs do. It's just an angled bit of bolt on stainless with a fancy tip on it.

Now has anyone done this ? What's the results like ?

I'm not looking for halfords prices because my as well buy a new used back box at £60 already bent right way. The ones I've seen are like £13 a pop delivered from eBay.

Not looking to tart up the sound or anything that drastic , just fitted a new K&N 57i induction kit with airbox and huge cone filter for that. :love:

So nipping the pipe down a touch ( x2 as the Tdi is dual outlet ) then popping on the tips ?

Just been googling 2-3 days and loads of pictures of the bent tips but no guides, install pictures or forum chit chat. I mean this thread ranks #1 on google when you put in "golf tdi down pipe tips" !

He just got streight pipes to go on that was £30 but seem them for £10ish. If you have a number to pm il send you a pic from underneath

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 23:15 ----------

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: leaving thread . . .

You do no what rampant is don't you haha

Archived