What percentage of your invitees accepted?

• 6 months later...

All of mine accepted! A few had to be phoned up because they didn't respond. We changed our date at short notice too from the end of August to the beginning of May. (No, I wasn't pregnant). :hihi: We only sent out the invites about 6-8 weeks before the new date. We knew some had holidays already booked but we sent them an invite anyway but of course these declined, nobody else did though.

We had a late wedding and one big meal so mentioned to other friends that they were wellcome to join us in the evening for a drink but there would be no food on. I said I would understand if they didn't want to travel just for the party. I was touched that they did attend. My day release/Polytechinc friends travelled from Bradford and York just to join us for the evening.

If any unexpected guests had turned up to the main meal they wouldn't have had a seat or any food. Traditional British weddings have name /place settings on tables and strict guest numbers. If you are unsure of guest numbers buffet style food is more flexible than a sit down formal meal.

Archived